How can I extend a posting when notified that it will be expiring?

Asked by Jon Pfau, Georgetown, TX Tue Jun 10, 2008

Answers

4
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Jun 16, 2008
Hi Jon,

It looks like there has been some confusion as to what kind of listing expiration you are asking about. If you manually submitted your listing information to Trulia, you will be required to review and refresh the listing information every two weeks to ensure that it is current and you should receive an email to remind you to do so.

You can refresh your listings within the My Listings section of your My Trulia account. To navigate to My Listings, log into your account and click on the My Trulia tab in the upper right corner of the page and select that option from the dropdown menu that appears.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Tue Jun 10, 2008
Yes, take the precautions step and be on top of your listings, contact your sellers, get an extension and then go on your MLS, follow the rules on how to change the listing expiration date.

After you do that, the listing won't expire and hopefully any other sides that you either sign up for and/or syndicated to will get automatic feeds for the extension. If not, you may have to find them and manually correct them.

Sylvia
Victoria Hur…, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Jun 10, 2008
Update your client with weekly activity in the area, e.g., new listings, price changes, etc. Keep client informed of the work you are performing to market and getting the home sold. A few weeks before the expiration of listing, start preparing for an extension. If tprice is the issue and the client is unreasonable, you may not want the extension. An unsold listing is a liability.
Lydia Treadw…, Agent, San Rafael, CA
Tue Jun 10, 2008
I would like to know how to Refresh a Listing too. Where is the Trulia Refresh button they mention?