Has being part of this web community helped you in the marketing area?

Asked by Karen Tindall, 37128 Fri Sep 7, 2007

Answers

11
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Fri Sep 7, 2007
I personally have learned a lot; ;there is a lot of internet sites I did not know about, a lot of real estate knowledge, both regional and national I can brush upon; great advise and different angles to look at things which I learnd from other agents; I learned to be assertive and at the same time to step back. Wonderful agents I look upon; great stories to learn from. This is a wonderful forum and I hope it keeps growing.
Mr.P, , Arizona
Fri Sep 7, 2007
I have learned a lot of Great ideas, and techniques from agents I have met on trulia & AR.
Steve Ostrom, Agent, Roseville, CA
Fri Sep 7, 2007
Reading of similar and alternative thought approaches to marketing and presentation is learning and knowledge to me. I do consider this forum very helpful whether in solidifying my confidence in a new tool we are utilizing or suggestion of a website of how to effectively use as a marketing tool. Knowing what other successful agents are thinking and doing is hard to say that it ISN'T helpful whether in marketing or another aspect of real estate. Someone always gives us food for thought on some level at one point throughout the day or week/

I am very confident in my marketing approach, but I know that marketing and exposure is always developing itself on new fronts and new ways of packaging our product. There are many savvy people on this site that bring valuable knowledge to the table and get your brain moving again. Good karma.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Fri Sep 7, 2007
I second what Aileen stated and will add that it has also validated and reinforced what I already knew. As a marketing example I can cite the numerous agreements by RE Pros that support internet marketing over print. I have given consideration that most Trulians are net savvy and online people, these same individuals would not rule out print if it provided them results. Sellers so often seek to see their properties in print, and discussions with sellers has been a bit easier for me on this subject matter as a result of participation on Trulia. So, in that respect, in an indirect way, yes Trulia has helped me in the marketing area.
Karen Tindall, , 37128
Thu Sep 25, 2008
That has yet to be proven. I hope that it has had an impact. Not having been a member long; 2 weeks, we will see how it goes.
Web Reference:  http://www.ktindall.biz
J Lo, Home Buyer, California Glory, Brentwood, CA
Mon Sep 10, 2007
Hands down - I have learned more here than in any classroom. These are real world scenario's from consumer and professional alike.

The "marketing" aspect is not in the literal sense. We won't get xxx amount of clients from answering questions - this isn't a "marketing" forum - so the effects are intangible.

The experience is priceless....
Carrie Crowe…, Agent, Southaven, MS
Sun Sep 9, 2007
Absolutely! I have been able to gleen some marketing tips others are currently using that I was not. It is great to bat ideas around and it feels good when you can help someone who really needs help! I hope you will visit awhile and decide for yourself!
Web Reference:  http://carriecrowell.com
Paul Renton &…, , Atlanta, GA
Sat Sep 8, 2007
Karen,
This is a great learning tool and gives you and your business exposure to the market. It also allows you to help the public who may not ask questiions in the normal market place. So ye it has helped a lot.
Web Reference:  http://www.TeamRenton.com
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Fri Sep 7, 2007
Still new to Trulia. I do like the exchange of ideas from other Realtors across the country. I believe it will lead to a broader range of marketing ideas.
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Fri Sep 7, 2007
I think it's too soon to tell--I've only been a member a short time. Also, Trulia is better known on the California side of the country, and I'm in NJ. Ask me in a year!
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com
Aileen-Manha…, , New York, NY
Fri Sep 7, 2007
I don't know about the marketing aspect, but it has helped me feel like part of a group when I see that others have experienced the same things that I have or have the same questions.