Has anyonebeen having a problem with their voices activity points lately? My total points just decreased by over 300 points since yesterday

Asked by Joan Congilose, Freehold, NJ Fri Apr 30, 2010

Answers

36
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Fri Apr 30, 2010
Web Reference:  http://www.Find1Home.com
Stephanie K, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sat May 1, 2010
My sympathy is with you! I lost my VIP #1 status for lack of contributions sometime in the last week or two. I had already succumbed to purchasing the "PRO" status so I would be close to the "top" for my city . I wasn't up there even though I was blogging and contributing regularly.

I still have to go out and show and sell the houses, and when we are crazy busy, the Trulia forum just has to take a back seat. If I loose my VIP status, so be it. I still get leads, with or without the "status" . I do love this forum. I love reading the questions and answers and the blogs. I especially enjoy the comments from Dan Chase, Dunes, and Mack McCoy in Seattle.

My points haven't changed that much, but my contributions have dropped and that is my own fault. Maybe now that the push with the tax incentive is over, I'll have a little more time on my hands. :-) I'll give you a thumbs up just for keeping everybody aware.
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Sat May 1, 2010
HOLY COW I now need 4790 points to make it to level 2...I was thisclose to it just a few days ago....

SOMEONE GIVE ME A BEST ANSWER NOD will ya ??
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Sat May 1, 2010
I lost over 4000 points and need to get 4000 points in 2 weeks to keep my VIP 3 level Badge which I just earned.......YES Two weeks ago....

Moral.... two weeks & the number 4000 are cursed....

The Trulia Gods Giveth and Taketh Away
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sun May 2, 2010
Oh, I thought my points dropped down. There was a time I was very close to VIP2 then it changed to needing almost double the activity. I would need to be on this site every hour and answering every question, whether or not I knew the answer and then I probably would keep my current status.

Does it really matter to the consumer? As long a we answer their question informatively I believe that is what they are seeking.

I paid for Pro - once - and I was actually very frustrated by the turn around and response time to I canceled in 30 days. If I wanted to post an open house, photos, or make a change to my listing it took 48 hours. This is not acceptable. It serves no value to post an open house on Friday only for it to be available on Monday...

What I really like about Trulia is that it is bridging the gap between the consumer and professionals. I understand that Trulia needs to be a profitable company to continue to be on line. I'm sure their changes are to push the agents towards purchasing their products. I would like to see Trulia discuss their changes and offerings with the agents who make this site what it is. With our feed back it can be a win win for Trulia, the agents, and consumers.

Points to everyone.
Web Reference:  http://www.terrivellios.com
Catherine "C…, Agent, Metuchen, NJ
Sun May 2, 2010
LOL thank you Debbie and can you keep on clicking on that Thumbs Up a few 1,000 times please...
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun May 2, 2010
HI Catherine - with the thumbs up I gave you, you are now a few points closer towards making up your deficit!

Enjoy yhis gorgeous (but hot) day!
Catherine "C…, Agent, Metuchen, NJ
Sun May 2, 2010
Nice to see the Gang is still here and active more than ever...
Just to make you feel better, I lost about 20,000 points...and it is still a beautiful day....:)
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat May 1, 2010
Benito - you're in good company!

in trulia-land this is called progress!
CCC, Home Owner, San Diego, CA
Sat May 1, 2010
well, then I will only be VIP2 for 30 days since I am back to 7,000 points from 9,000.
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Sat May 1, 2010
Debbie, that is a great idea. Sell my points and stats for real money. I am sure many professionals would love to have what I worked for on here. They could add a high dollar pro subscription and come out on the top of the search engine.

Who wants to buy a profile? I have the formula down so I could achieve vip3 again in under 8 months.

p.s. you only need 2,714 points to regain vip3. I wonder if trulia will send a new certificate via email. Does the old certificate spontaneously combust once it expires? <rubs chin thoughtfully>
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Sat May 1, 2010
Debbie, read the blog. Trulia allowed (out of the kindness of their hearts I am sure) vip's to maintain their present status for 30 days. That means you are now a "token vip" Your points no longer support the vip status but trulia thinks if they give you a month to post a lot you will make them up and not get so angry.

Debbie, it sounds like you got hit hard by BOTH drop in blog points (1/2 what they were before) and profile views (1/20 of the previous points). The solution is pollution, oops, post a lot of useless short cut and paste replies to get back to vip3 before it expires.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat May 1, 2010
I am confused - it says I have 21,286 pts....I had over 28,000................it says I have qualified for vip level 3 through 5/31..................it doesn't say anything about making up the points..............just that I have enough of the monthly points to keep me active till the 31st.............

Make room for me on the bench , Dunes.......apparently I will be demoted ,too..............I just don't quite understand when, but the clouds, I fear, are rolling in......... :)

As I mentioned on another thread - I will be throwing a pity party for all of us demoted people.......I am bringing chips...........who wants to bring the beer? Dunes - you bring the dip
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat May 1, 2010
I agree with everyone here, and I left my thoughts and comments on the trulia site which announces these "great" new changes.

Follow the link James provided and let trulia know how you feel. They said they revamped the system "in response" to the feedback they got?
Well, in my opinion, demoting people for achievement after a new 6 month program just began isn't good for goodwill.
I will continue top give thumbs ups here to everyone to help those who need points get some !!!
Mark Overhol…, Agent, Clovis, CA
Sat May 1, 2010
You would think they would have at least given us a head's up. I don't remember seeing anything this week about plans to change the point system. Some of the agents, and non agents have worked really hard to earn their points, and for them to be taken without any kind of warning. There will be a lot of confused, and angry agents this weekend.
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Fri Apr 30, 2010
Debbie, I agree. Taking away peoples previously earned points will only cause anger (GRR). It will especially be true when the vip3 becomes a vip2, and the vip2 becomes a vip1. And we already saw on the blog what appears to be a vip1 become a vip-none and was he ever upset.

I finally got to page one on the vip section. I was stuck on page 2 before this change was made.
http://www.trulia.com/voices/directory/-all?sort_order=vip
It appears that I will remain a vip3, Rockinblu will remain a vip3, while dunes will have to post a lot to regain the vip3.

I seriously wondered if this was an attempt to remove us non pro's (even Dunes the non-pro PRO) from the top of the vip stack. Changing best answers increased points for blog view points removed I about came even. I did lose over 3,000 points on profile views. I am not sure why profile views count at all, however, making one profile view worth 0.05 points is an insult. I am not sure why blog views are more valuable than profile views. My profile has as much effort put into it as my blogs do. They should be equally rewarded.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Fri Apr 30, 2010
Joan - as Dan and James pointed out - Trulia has already decided to revamp their fairly new VIP program by reducing some point values & increasing others .
I am going to be blunt - it seems unfair to me to pull the rug out from members such as you, by reducing your total point accumulation out of the blue. Also seems silly (to me) to arbitrarily make best answers now worth 100 points..........instead of 1. That's quite an increase!

To add variety to the point options is one thing (although I think the list is confusing and way too long already)......soon you'll need a calculator to figure out what pts. you have earned.......to suddenly change values gives the impression that trulia doesn't know which way to turn..........they are in such a rush to expand, grow or whatever it is.....they are not planning out their moves ahead of time....just the impression I am getting.
It's kind of like...........le'ts try this......oh no, let's try this............no, nevermind.....let's try it this way instead!
Perhaps they think they are a work in progress, or responding to feedback.......but taking away what some people have already earned, isn't the way to go. (imo)

I am sure you will make the points up soon - I will give you a thumbs up to help you along!
Oh heck - thumbs up to everyone!!

Have a great Sunday!
Debbie
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Fri Apr 30, 2010
Joan, you could still do it. One day I received 460 points on here. It would be tougher under the new guidelines, but in 3 days it would be easily doable if you put forth a lot of effort and spammed (oops) posted a lot in the Q%A just to get the 4 points per reply.
Joan Congilo…, Agent, Freehold, NJ
Fri Apr 30, 2010
Very frustrating, I was very close to finally getting to the 1st level of VIP & now I need an additional 300 points!
Web Reference:  http://www.joancongilose.com
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Fri Apr 30, 2010
Trulia decided in their indefinite wisdom that to many people had vip3. They redesigned the point system. The points you see changed are likely from your blog views losing half their value and your profile views becoming virtually worthless.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/discovertrulia/2010/04/vip_score_…
Blog Views are now worth 1 point per view. (was 2 points)

Profile Views are now worth 1 point per 20 views. (that is 0.05 points per view yahoo!!!)

Best Answer is now worth 100 points. (was 20 points)
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Tue May 4, 2010
This is so funny. Everyone giving each other the thumbs up.

But I appreciate Dunes' mention of BOFFI. So I'm giving him the thumbs up. Glad to have that reinforced. That's true wherever one blogs, answers questions, etc. It really boils down to the value of your output.

How boffo!
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Mon May 3, 2010
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Mon May 3, 2010
And the improvement based on our input will be helpful answer..1 point for every 20

Blog comments 100 points

LOL Of course this will be after hard decision making using the combined interest/input of your representatives during the Mayor's roundtable meeting with Trulia
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Mon May 3, 2010
WHat a great thread....TRULIA are you reading???

Hopefully the "mayors" attended their most recent roundtable meeting and discussed this thread at length, unless they too lost their points and were demoted to Deputy Mayors....

This was a crazy busy in the RE business month with long days, and even this ultimate insomniac was passing out at 12 AM and sleeping till 6...unheard of in my life....no time to really sit at computer and answer questions...plus I DOhave a house, husband and family to pay attention to (not in that order LOL)

I still have a problem that I pay for PRO and answer as many questions as I can, and now will probably lose my VIP 1 status. Hopefully Trulia will re-vamp the process yet again based on our input
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Mon May 3, 2010
A big thumbs up to everyone for such a wonderful discussion!
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Sun May 2, 2010
Terri

I think that was supposedly the purpose of Trulias other program...The Mayor Badge one....

Representatives from the ranks of Agents chosen for their contributions by Trulia to represent the Agents..
"Trulia is excited to introduce our ‘Trulia Mayor’ program, a new initiative that will help strengthen and expand the Trulia Voices community including nearly 400,000 real estate professionals."

"The Trulia Mayors will be at your assistance when you have questions or concerns about Trulia or the Trulia Voices community"

"will represent the opinions of real estate professionals in various Trulia efforts. Mayors will attend frequent roundtable meetings, get sneak peeks of upcoming projects and will provide their input in content quality matters on Trulia Voices."

So there you go, you do have representatives with Mayor Badges that already represent you (Agents) and your opinions
http://www.trulia.com/blog/discovertrulia/2009/09/announcing…
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Sun May 2, 2010
Well now they got themselves a highly qualified Consumer PR person so I'm sure they are all filled up with expertise on PR....

Far be it for Dunes to question their "Truliateam" decisions ;)
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun May 2, 2010
Funny Dunes - I could be your straight man (I mean woman)....the dip has arrived - cute

Well, I am kind of back where I started, too............I think, generally, when you look to improve something, you move things forward...enhance what you have or are offering......you don't push people back.....take away something they "earned" based on a program that was presented only 6 months ago.... ..not a great PR move for sure........
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Sun May 2, 2010
Debbie

Dunes showing up at a party = The Dip has arrived.....

All I know is it says you need to have 24,000 points to be a level3. When this Vip thing started they said I had between 19-20 thousand....All these months later I become a Level3 and now I have between 19 and 20 thousand points.....

I think I got the "Go to Jail" card...Funny how some of the most outspoken people about the VIP thing are suddenly the one's losing thousands of points due to change in scoring points based on reducing the points for Profile Views.......IMHO ....
Why when members who do not Blog..(I have 10 in 15 months) but answer questions only and their main source of points are helpful answers, best answers and profile views (I believe they got because of the TU's,BA's, answering questions)

Remember in the Q&A you only get points for answering the question not for each comment you make.

Bloggers get points for each comment made on the blog plug for each comment THEY make on their blog and still get 1 point (was 2 before) per blog view...

My point is I had over 7000 profile view and am not an Agent so I did not get them from yadda yadda, I got them because people wanted to see the profile for whatever reason...so I had over 7000 points but now?

1 per every 20 views mean now I have 374 points...One day over 7000 next day 374....Level the playing field with the Bloggers so it's more fair...

Bloggers still 1 per view, points for each and every comment....

Who's gonna tell me a room full of adults came up with this "leveling of the playing field" because they were motivated by "making things better"...cause I got a big LOL for ya ;)
Al Akerman, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Lakewood, NJ
Sat May 1, 2010
Debbie, you mean to tell me they haven't been calling? There's not a single client that called me from Livingston that I haven't sent your way! Honest!
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat May 1, 2010
Dan - thanks for the advice...perhaps I shall go begging for thumbs ups on other threads.........."points for the poor, points for the poor" will be my lament and cry...........

No matter how much I beg Dan, I doubt I will be making up 7000 points in a month......(alas, she says holding back tears)....

Al.....I will miss your business.........hmmmm...that's right - what business?????? :)

Dan, I did lose a lot of points for profile views (it was those pin ups I had on my page that did it, I think!)
Maybe I can buy some best answers.what do you think they will go for on the open ( trulia) market? I will check ebay to see if any are for sale......
Sat May 1, 2010
Debbie and Dunes, I just TU'd you. My little contribution to try and keep two stellar individuals in their coveted positions.

Debbie, if you lose your status and become a VIP 2 then don't expect any referrals from me.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat May 1, 2010
Yes, my points have decreased as well--and agree with all the comments previously posted.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat May 1, 2010
I agree James, the old points and vip level someone earned should have been "grandfathered" into the new program.............Hmm ........can you imagine if, in the middle of a baseball game, when the team gets the 3rd out , the powers that be decide that you now need 4 outs for the inning to be over............
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Sat May 1, 2010
It is what it is. It would have been nice if your old points stayed and new points were recorded by the new schedule. If you want to play the game you have to play by their rules even if you don't know that the rules are changing in the middle of the game!
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Sun May 2, 2010
Benito if you just go to the blogs and copy and paste "Than k you very much" 700 times you will be back to where you were before.