HOW DO I LSIT MY HOME ON THIS SITE?

Asked by Alison, Hicksville, NY Wed Sep 12, 2007

Answers

6
Patti Pereyra, , Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 12, 2007
A suggestion: This question gets asked so often - and with good reason, it's a great question!

Perhaps it would be helpful to post the answer to this question in a conspicous area so consumers can see it? Like maybe at the top... "Interested in posting your listing on Trulia? Here's how..."

Just a thought....
Trulia Roger, Home Buyer, Alameda, CA
Wed Sep 12, 2007
Hi all,

This is indeed a popular question, and we do have a prominent link next to the ask form that takes folks to a thread with answers. I guess it's not prominent enough :)
Carrie Crowe…, Agent, Southaven, MS
Wed Sep 12, 2007
I think the FAQ is a great idea. I do agree it is easier to ask than to look. There will still probably be a lot of the same questions asked.
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Wed Sep 12, 2007
Patti,
This is not the only question that gets asked repeatedly, crime stats are another that I can think of off the top of my head. I thought a FAQ section would be good. I think that the problem is that it's easier for people to ask a question than to have to go looking to see if it has been asked already.
What does management at Trulia think???
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Wed Sep 12, 2007
If your home is not yet listed with a Realtor, and you are in the process of interviewing prospective agents, this is one example of items to discuss.

Not all agents or companies upload lisitngs to Trulia, or other real estate sites. Most buyers begin shopping and gathering info for their property searches on the web. As a seller, you need a strong web presence and a Realtor who is savvy at web marketing in order to gain the best exposure to the widest pool of buyers.

Good Luck~!
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Wed Sep 12, 2007
Hi Alison, :

Trulia works thru Realtors / Brokerage firms and there are a few ways to get the listing in the system:.

If your realtor's company has a direct feed to Trulia, then you are set, you don't have to do anything (how my listings go on Trulia).

Or, if his/her personal site has syndication with Trulia then that will feed into Trulia also

The last one is to haev your realtor submit it manually ; here is a link http://www.trulia.com/submit_listings/

Sometimes it takes a couple of days for the listing to show up, I guess when you are crawling - good description for that.

Good Luck.
Sylvia