Filter on home style

Asked by Moose, Ambler, PA Mon Apr 30, 2012

why can't homes be filtered by style on Trulia and other home listing sites? Is that information not provided by listing agents? I am only interested in contemporary and modern homes.

Answers

2
Linda Lorenzo, Agent, McKinney, TX
Sun May 6, 2012
Home styles are a feature that is entered into the Multiple Listing Service - Trulia picks it up from there. What is contemporary to you may not be to the agent inputting the information so if you searched only by contemporary you might be missing some homes. If you have an agent they could set up a specific search for you under that term depending on how your local MLS searches work. A site like Trulia is not going to be specific enough for what you are looking for.
Andrew Wilki…, , San Francisco, CA
Tue May 1, 2012
Hi Moose,

I think that would be a great idea, though it may be difficult to execute with the way our current data feeds are set up. Difficult, but not impossible. I'm going to take your suggestion right to our engineers. When there's movement on this, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks again for your awesome suggestion,

Andrew
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
andrew@trulia.com