Does the "# of Viewings" go up everytime someone looks at a property, or only when it from a?

Asked by Gita, Anacortes, WA Mon Aug 24, 2009

different machine I have been watching a property for a few weeks. When I first got on Trulia, its number of viewing was about 10, then me and my family started looking at it from different websites and different machines, and it went up to 15, but since its still been going up. I'm trying to find out if the number is going up because I check on-line everyday and look at its listing, or are other people looking at it too. Does the number go up everytime you click on 'More details" from the website, or only when its on a new computer, since each computer leaves a 'cookie' so that if it goes back to it again, it uses the same 'cookie'.

Answers

5
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Aug 24, 2009
Hi Gita,

Ed is correct. The views shown for listings on the property page are views only, not unique visitors so multiple views from you or from your family members do count towards this statistic.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback about this.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Ed Finlan Gr…, Agent, Burlington, WA
Mon Aug 24, 2009
To the best of my knowledge, it is everytime someone looks at it. It would be interesting if they could tell us if it is the same computer looking at it or a different one but I don't think it is works that way. I have to assume you are fairly interested in this property. Have you gone and looked at it in person yet? If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.
Web Reference:  http://www.edfinlan.com
Nate Scott, Agent, Anacortes, WA
Wed Apr 13, 2011
Trulia counts each time it's viewed, even if from the same IP address (Same computer). Others sites count unique views, so they do not count the same IP address after it's registerd one view. Some sites count both a viewing, and a click through to the detail sheet on the property, and/or count how many times someone has asked to set an appointment. Be sure to ask your agent, or agents you are interviewing how they measure traffic and adjust your homes marketing and or price based on traffic results.
Connie Moula…, , Anacortes, WA
Thu May 20, 2010
Dear Gita,
Trulia does count every time someone clicks on a listing. I would not count on website hits if you are waiting to purchase a property. Trulia is a great way to see current information on properties but there are thousands of websites most of these properties are listed on. Are you waiting for your financing or a home to sell? If you would like to see the property please give us a call or email us to help you. We are a local Anacortes office.
Don Dutton, Agent, Puyallup, WA
Mon Aug 24, 2009
Gita

You should reconsider what you're doing. The only viewings you should be concerned with are the NWMLS "hits" since this indicates agent activity. Some agent is going to sell the home you're interested in while you're counting "views." You can only determine hits by contacting the listing agent. You'll find that individual has a lot of useful information and can answer really meaningful questions. Good luck with your house hunt. Forget about Trulia and hire a Realtor to help you. You're wasting time and losing good opportunities if you want to buy now.