Using Trulia in Orlando>Question Details

Debbiedee, Home Seller in Blue Bell, PA

Can I post my home for sale by owner on Trulia?

Asked by Debbiedee, Blue Bell, PA Tue Jul 10, 2012

I can list on Zillow for free....what's the deal with Trulia????? should list our houses........
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
Hi Debbiedee,

Unfortunately we don't accept FSBO listing submissions at this time. However if you are working with a full-service or flat-fee listing agent or broker, he or she can submit your listing to us.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

-Kim, Community Manager
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 17, 2012
HI Debbie, A few things to consider if you are thinking of going in that direction. A very small % of homes are sold by doing a FSBO(for sale by owner).
You still usually have to pay a fee I think it's up to 2%, you may find a Realtor willing to do it for 5%

Most litigation is happening after the sale because of False Disclosures, you may get sued for not disclosing certain know facts about your home, even small stuff.
The amount of time you will have it listed (FSBO) and possible improper pricing can easily off set a Realtor's commission. 6 months / by money you continue to pay (holding costs, mtg..etc)
Realtor's have instant access to multiple buyers, most of them have cash and can close in under 30 days in most markets, depending on the price.
If your home is priced right you should be getting offers with in the first few days, if not your over priced for the area/condition.
A Realtor is trained and licensed to protect you during and after the sale by the terms we put into our contracts.
These are just a few items to be considered.

Your best bet is to at least meet with a Realtor to see the benefits of using a licensed Realtor.

Because RE/MAX is a global company I would be more than happy to introduce you to a team member in your area.

Call me anytime!

Brian Mahoney
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 11, 2012
One way for sale by owners to show up on the Trulia listings is to
post it on a web site called FIZBER.COM, it will show up on Truila within 24-48 hours

Simon Watson
Keller Williams Realty-East Bay
(925) 286-7112
(510) 859-4773
BRE 01881304
Trulia does not allow FSBO listings on here.
You can always advertise your home as a for sale by owner but keep in mind that with a realtor you are more apt to receive TRUE qualified buyers. I wish you much success.
Hello Debbiedee, times have changed...check the link out. If you need a strong Keller Williams agent for a free marketing consultation in Blue Bell PA, or just about anywhere, feel free to call me at 407-777-8883 or email
Hi Debbiedee,

If the home that you want to sell is located in the Central Florida area and you're interested in speaking with me regarding the benefits to hiring me to sell your home (internet exposure is just one of them) and how I will work to net (after sales commissions) you more money than you can get attempting to sell it on your own then please contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Steven Clark
Coldwell Banker
Debbie, just to save you time, the answer is no. Homeowners cannot FSBO with Trulia.
Hi Debbie,

Asking that on here to a bunch of real estate agents is like asking a barber if you need a haircut.

You might want to check directly with TRULIA on that. As we (agents) pay to have access to this forum, they may not take your For Sale By Owner listing.
That said, if your property is any where in Central Florida, please feel free to contact me directly There are some forms and disclosures I will be glad to provide you at no cost.

Carl Head
Realty Center-Orlando