Attention Trulians:

Asked by Bridgette Kostek, REALTOR, Coldwell Banker M. M. Parrish, Florida Sun Sep 16, 2007

Salim http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Buyer_andamp_Seller-New… Vivar http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Buyer_andamp_Seller--87321/ and Nina http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Buyer_andamp_Seller--85436/ are either all the same person or in collusion to promote the web site fi_ber.com Please stop answering their questions and/or mark them as spam.

Answers

11
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Sun Sep 16, 2007
Thanks Bridgette, for noticing my 'Screams' to those guys..

I just wanted to directly let those guys know what they are doing and the negative effects on exactly the thing they want to promote. Not very smart there.

Let's continue to be diligent to protect the integrity of Trulia.

Sylvia
Bridgette Ko…, , Florida
Sun Sep 16, 2007
Roger and Megan:
If I can catch this all low tech (just by paying close attention) can't there be some kind of computer program to weed this stuff out? Many of us put a lot of time into these answers...

BTW, Sylvia's answer is the best, but she posted it to another thread... I copy & paste it here for all:

Thanks you, guys for noticing that. I was going to answer that question and you know how long it'd take for me to think how to help this poor guy!

Hi - TO THE ONES WHO ARE TRYING TO PLUG YOUR WEBSITE BY POSTING AS A BUYER OR SELLER -

Do you know how much time the Realtors spend trying to help and educate the consumers?

How can you be so dishonest and posting as somebody who you are not?

Not only is this against Trulia Spirit, just think about what a terrible reputation you are getting for the site you are trying to plug - WHAT KIIND OF DISHONES PEOPLE ARE BEHIND THAT SITE? Are you the owner of the Site?

This is another proof that Consumers should go to HONEST Realtors!

By the way, I don't usually use SCREAMING letters, but this gets to me because I am online after or before work trying to help and this is what I get, dishonest people!

Sylvia
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sun Sep 16, 2007
Thanks for your attention to detail and your diligence!
J Lo, Home Buyer, California Glory, Brentwood, CA
Sun Sep 16, 2007
I caught on this afternoon and did the Flag thing. But I will tell you my Flag response is sometimes nil. I get frustrated & move on. I did find it funny tho' how they kept thumbs upping each other as if it wasnt totally clear what they were doing....

They've been at it for sometime - wish the trulia "watchdogs" would getter' done.
Steve Ostrom, Agent, Roseville, CA
Mon Sep 17, 2007
Great job Bridgette and to you too Sylvia — definitely worth e-yelling :-) . I agree Ruth that responses should removed from that post. It horrified me to see it come to the top a few times. We all know that is a horrible thing to post and it sickened me. People are better off emailing hitting Trulia's "contact us" to not give this "cheech and chong referenced name" anymore publicity or perhaps thrills. Hopefully they remove it soon (if not already??) I though "flagging" would evoke a more prompt response, but I am sure there are a million things to attend to constantly on this site.

TRULIA: I definitely think that leaves room for improvement for perhaps "omitted" words from posting in titles and descriptions as offensive terms.

Ed: I think there is difference between self-promotion AND posed questioning for specific individuals. I may not like either, but to me there is a difference and to be deceptive where a question originates is VERY LOW and past self-promotion. I may be wrong but those few posts were rampant with down thumbs too (referring to the trio responders to fi_ber.com of "how do I make my bathroom look dreamy," etc).

Again thanks for the fantastic sleuth work Bridgette. :-)
Ruthless, , 60558
Sun Sep 16, 2007
Bridgette:
I'd like to thank you for using fi_ber. It was really hard after the Rea_tor.com spammer, not to refer someone there. I also like the suggestion on the discriminatory post to delete your response. I deleted one of mine but left the one asking "where is Trulia".
Ruth
#1, , San Francisco Bay Area
Sun Sep 16, 2007
Sorry. But there are a few people here that continously self promote. I won't mention any names at this point.

I don't thumbs down but if it is blatant self promotion I will spam it.
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Sun Sep 16, 2007
Thanks for catching this. I noticed something odd earlier today but did not take the time to check it out. Thanks for you diligence.
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com
Bridgette Ko…, , Florida
Sun Sep 16, 2007
Paul,
same web reference, they have all answered each others questions, and all questions and answers have received thumbs up... I just popped on for a second and was intrigued by all the great consumer participation, so I checked out the profiles and was SO disappointed! I hate to see us wasting our time posting to bogus questions...
Paul Slaybau…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Sep 16, 2007
How did you detect this? Same web references? I despise spamming as well, but want to make sure that I'm not ignoring legitimate questions.
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Sun Sep 16, 2007
Bridget.....Great catch! I hate spam.