Question Details

Elizabeth Bo…,  in Cambridge, MA

Any Trulia bloggers using a Mac?

Asked by Elizabeth Bolton, Cambridge, MA Wed Nov 28, 2012

I bought a Mac but am less than thrilled and have continued to use my PC too. It went to the shop for yet another virus today and I'm stuck here with the Mac. When I try to write a post on the Mac the fields won't work - no pull down for Category, the Content area is a big empty space, etc. Any thoughts?

Answers

13
Hey, guys! My name is Adam. I'm the Co-Founder of Quikshow, a revolutionary new app for real estate agents. If someone would like to write a blog for us please email me at homeflipsolutions@gmail.com.

Thanks.
Thanks for the updates all. I'm told that our engineers were able to fix this late on Friday evening. If you continue to experience any problems posting blogs, please let us know.

A great way to get in touch with our Customer Service team quickly is by phone. You can give them a call at 888-466-3501 Monday - Friday 7am to 4pm PST. Alternatively, you can also send them an email via the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily
I have not had much luck using a Mac or apple products. Windows o/s seems to be easier to navigate.
I am using my mac and it seems to be working fine. Not sure?
Hi Emily ~ I was using IE and perhaps tried it with Firefox too. Others were having the very same problem I discovered. But yay!! It was fixed tonight and I just was able to write a post. You guys are the best!

Thanks Alan! I have not "swiped my magic mouse"!! but will give it a shot.
You can do a "page back" by "swiping your magic mouse" with two fingers...

There's not a thing that your PC can do, that the Mac can't do. And once you get accustomed to the Mac Operating System (it's Linux based... and there's no question there's a learning curve)... I think you'll find that there's nothing that PC's do "better", except for pricing.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Thanks for the update Elizabeth. Can you let me know what browser you were using while on the PC? I'm using a PC myself and haven't been able to duplicate the issue.

Thank you!

Emily
Thanks Emily! I just replied to another question (your answer was there too) about problems writing a post - and while reading it checked the Write a Blog Post page and lo and behold - it's not the Mac - it has the same issue on my office PC.

Hi Alan ~ Thanks again for your tips. I don't mean to offend all the Mac loyalists. I did take a class and that's where I found out about changing the size of the scroll bar - I'm pretty sure I've got it as big as it will get. The back button is the one to go back to the page you just used - pain in the butt IMO. We'll see - it may in fact end up as a $2K failure - I know you all love your Macs but while I certainly am not in love with PCs there are some things they do better.
Let's see....

the navigation bar can be moved (I have mine at the bottom) and easily resized... to make it larger and easier to see, or smaller and more innocuous... or it can be removed completely.

not sure what's wrong with the back button... we have a delete button as well as a back button... both function the same... if you want the delete button to work the same way as the PC... just hold down the "option" button as you click "delete".

there are solitaire sites aplenty that work with the mac... I've been enjoying this one: https://apps.facebook.com/solitaireblitz

yes, it'll take some time to get used to... but if you're intent on disliking the mac, and not interested in "learning" it's issues... you'll fail.

the ipad is an entirely different operating system, and functions completely differently than the mac... it's the same system as the iphone. Very easy, but far less powerful.
Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues. I will ask our Customer Service team to investigate these blog issues. Please expect them to reach out to you soon either with a request for more information, or an update on the situation.

Thank you for letting us know about this.

Best Wishes,

Emily
Thanks Alan! I am using Safari but after reading your advice I tried downloading Firefox. Still the same issue. Very weird. I really don't like the Mac - figured I would given how people rave about it but I find it very aggravating for a variety of reasons (ok - just a few - the navigation bar on the side of a window is atrocious - and I have switched to the larger one - and the back button is just as bad; all the sites that won't work on a Mac; no solitaire??!!; I can't stand the way Mac "organizes" files - those are off the top of my head). PCs have their drawbacks too but I'm resigned to those - sort of!

Hi Kawain - I think our MLS works with a Mac but maybe there are problems with some of the forms. A lot of agents are using Ipads. I can't decide if I'll go that route or get some other tablet.
I tried using a Mac and found I could not serach for income properties on my local MLS.
I use my PC for all my Real Estate related work, but I am a Mac fan.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
I use a Mac and have used them exclusively since 1984.

As with any new technology, there's a learning curve. Once you've given it a chance, I think you'll find the Mac to be a powerful, and easy to use tool.

If you're having problems with an internet-based program... try changing to a Mac-native browser, like Safari... or download the latest version of Firefox ... I use Firefox, and find it works better than Explorer ever did.