ARE you out of your mind?? This is my house and IT WAS SO NOT $1,7 or anywhere close!!! WOW

Asked by Melissa, Essex Fells, NJ Wed Apr 22, 2009

I believed this site till now and can't wait to pass on the news!

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/New_Jersey/Essex_Fells/sold/1069…

Answers

5
Lisa Tempesta, , Parsippany, NJ
Wed Apr 22, 2009
Melissa,
Just more for curiousity sake, I checked the GSMLS (multiple listing service) listing archives on your home. I see that it did sell in 2006 for $1,195M BEFORE it was torn down and rebuilt in 2007. Still not sure where they got the $1.175 that they are claiming it sold for in 06. But that was very close to what the MLS stated it sold for. And trust me, it did not look anything like what you have purchased! They have the new photo with the old sold price. I'm sure it is just a blip in their system.

You may want to direct your question to the "tech" person on Trulia, and I will surely tag this comment as well.
Lisa Tempesta, Broker-Salesperson
Realtor® -Associate
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage / 2200 Rt. 10 West, Parsippany, NJ 07054
(973) 267-3030 x 129 / (973) 267-4161 fax / (973) 668-6322 cell / skype id lisa.tempesta / text 9736686322
connect with me on linkedin.com / plaxo.com / facebook.com

http://www.lisatempesta.com
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Thu Apr 23, 2009
Thanks Emily for basically verifying what I told Melissa. There is obviously a glitch in the county or local tax records since it appears that the 2 million dollar house was brand new and perhaps they had the block and lot number incorrect in the records.

Melissa, I reiterate what I said, and Emily repeated. Go to the local assessor first, with proof of your home sale, lot and block etc so down the road your don't have problems. I even suggest you find out that YOUR house is assessed at versus the "other 180". They may have assessed you using the other homes square footage etc and you may be entitiled to a tax adjustment too (just a thought).
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Wed Apr 22, 2009
Melissa,

Please do not allow one mishap mar your judgment regarding Trulia. Real Estate internet portals are in their infancy stage and and we all are . . . . no where near perfect. Having said that, I have found that Trulia is VERY RESPONSIVE to issues brought to the forefront by either Realtors, buyers or homeonwers. (as you can see Emily prompt responded to your concerned and provided info to assist in recitfying the siutattion).

I know of other popular frequently searched websites by potential home buyers that are more grossly inaccurate and less responsive.

Love and Peace,
Francesca, Realtor, ePro
Web Reference:  http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Apr 22, 2009
Hi Melissa,

Welcome to Trulia.

The prior sales information that Trulia shows comes to us from data made publicly available by the county assessor's office. I was able to verify the amount that we show for your property on the New Jersey Association of County Tax Boards website. Since this information shows your last name I won't post it here, but I'll send it to you in an email. I recommend that you contact your local assessor's office to straighten this out. Once they update their data, our display will update automatically thereafter.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Wed Apr 22, 2009
i just checked the house at 180 Forest Way in Essex Fells in the GSMLS. It shows two properties with that address in Essex fells with the same block and lot numbers and two sales of that property. One says it sold for 2.8 million and closed at 12/12/2008. The other says sold at 1.195 million in May 2006.

I cross checked the tax records and the record they have for a 180 Forest Way, has a "Melissa" and her spouse (which I am assuming is you) AND shows it was the 2.8 million dollar sale.

If there is a mistake, I suggest you call your tax assessor, or better yet go to the office, and straighten this out before you have problems. If you want me to email you the information, feel free to contact me thru Trulia and I will email you what I can.