Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Upper Clinton Hill : Real Estate Advice

  • All12
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Thu Jun 19, 2014
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hello Jahvanui:

Have you considered using Google Maps, and then switching to "Earth".

Check the link:,-74.2133124,1383m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c25333ea52d605:0x13249a72f2f7a1c4

Best regards
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 10, 2013
Marilene Avery answered:
Welcome, I can help future buyers in Boston and nearby cities in Massachussetts! Give me a call 978-677-1440 or send an e-mail Please visit and ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 26, 2013
Marsha Bowen Washington answered:

Real estate agents are not allowed to discuss crime statistics with the public due to Fair housing laws that govern us.

Good luck to you!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Bettieroberson asked:
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Laquita Baez answered:
This property is a short sale which means you will need to wait for the lenders approval of your

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in NJ and GA
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 24, 2010
William Polack answered:
The first question is are you going to farm the land? The second question is do you intend to move to this country and farm the land? It's become so difficult for foregin nationals to get loans with less than 40% down. You may have to check with a credit union to see if they do land deals and to foreign nationals. This may also be considered a commercial loan depending on your use of the property. This may or may not make it easier to buy. My apologies that I'm not well versed on farm land. No one else answered and usually when one person answers, several others do. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 5, 2010
Corey Grushin answered:
Georgiarealtor something doesn't sound right with this deal. With a 203K you complete the sales transaction before you start doing any work. Also the the deposit money is only what is necessary to cover the downpayment for the home and nothing should be given to the contractor as a deposit from you. The only money that COULD be available would be if you were doing a 203K streamline at which 50% of the repair money would be available for deposits from the closing agent.

Let me know if you have any futher questions. If you wan detail from FHA on how the program is suppose to work you can call 1-800-225-5342 for the FHA Resource Center
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 13, 2009
Ibrahim Hughes answered:
Hi Madeline. My opinion of Seymour Avenue is that it is in the south ward of Newark which is actually experiencing much of the crime you may have heard about in recent months. To me it appears that the South Ward has yet to be stabalized by Newark police at least until the completion of the $55 million police precinct being built on the corner of Bergen and Clinton (maybe about 3-5 blocks from Seymour). Even then it may not happen instantly. The exception is Clinton Hill which has a neighborhood association consisting of members who care about their homes. I advise you to drive the area on a weekday around 4 pm to see the true nature of a neighborhood.

I grew up in Newark, volunteer as a youth mentor there and operate a professional real estate investment company that renovates and sells quality homes throughout Essex (but only clean and safe neighborhoods in Newark and its surrounding cities) and Union counties. We are also members of the Better Business Bureau of NJ. So if you need any assistance on areas in Newark and it's surrounding cities and counties, feel free to email me at
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sun May 31, 2009
Michael Grace answered:
Hi Laura,

The 203(k) is a good idea in any toen in NJ including Newark. The key to the success of the 203(k) program is the 203(k) consultant. I have excellent information on my website so please take a look.

Michael Grace
HUD 203(k) Consultant
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice