Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Ownership in Union City : Real Estate Advice

  • All121
  • Local Info16
  • Home Buying54
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 1
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Pacita Dimacali answered:
I'm a bit can you be a co-borrower but not on the loan? Or did you mean you're a co-owner on title, but not on the loan.

If your parents want to give up their rights to the property -- usually this can be accomplished via quit claim deed. But that doesn't relieve them from their obligations to pay off the loan to the bank as long as the loan is in their name.

If you say that the property may be sold for more than the balance of the loan, and if neither you nor your parents want to keep the property, then go ahead and sell it on the open market.

But if you want to keep it, get yourself preapproved for a loan, and buy out your parents, assuming that the new purchase price and loan are enough to payoff your parents' loan. That may be the simplest thing to do.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Ownership in Union City Zip Codes