Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Property Q&A in Twin Peaks : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Tue May 28, 2013
Gabriel Rojas answered:

Here is the listing agent's contact info:

Good luck!

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 28, 2009
Lance King answered:

There are many kinds of inspections - contractor inspections, pest inspections, foundation inspections, structural engineering inspections, and as Danielle pointed out you can get an inspection to give you an idea of how much it will cost to condo convert.

Remodeling unwarranted space can be tricky as it can trigger fines and fees that make it not worthwhile, although usually if you are not the one who did the unwarranted work they won't fine you. If you do things in a building that trigger an inspection, there is always the possibility that you will be required to remove/dismantle what has been done, so you want to be very careful.

We recently bought a 2 unit building with an unwarranted studio apt with a tenant in it. In order to condo convert we had to do what's called a demolition eviction, which removes that unit from the rental market permanently. In the end it depends on the specifics of the building and the work done, so make sure you have a representative that knows the ins and outs of these kinds of buildings, and make sure you talk to an attorney who specializes in this area BEFORE you do anything.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Managing Broker
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice