Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Tujunga : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 16
Wed Apr 8, 2015
Danielle Purcell answered:
let me know if you want
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 15, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Contact the listing agent who posted it here to have it shown as Sold. This is your best option to avoid further problems.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 4, 2014
Tara Bucci answered:
I had the same problem with a rental property. Sometimes the internet can be a little scary, especially on sites that don't need owner approval in order to post a property that they have found on Craigslist or other sites
. As for Trulia - If you flag the property they should automatically and immediately remove it.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Mike Antonelli answered:
Hello! Simply send me an e-mail and I will get to work on finding your dream home in Tujunga or Sunland. Great starter homes here! is my website. Looking forward to helping you! ... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 11, 2013
HeeSun Han answered:
Although the medical marijuana dispensaries have increased in number in the area, the crime rate seems to be still relatively lower than other neighboring cities. You can also refer to Trulia Local Info for crime rate and community information.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
I would suggest you try the regular rental sites: (Rentals Section) (Rentals Section) (Rentals Section)

Between all of those, you will get a very clear picture if you can find what you are looking for. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Nov 24, 2012
LuLu DeBolt answered:
there are some limitations talk to a real estate lawyer
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu May 31, 2012
John Arendsen answered:
Check with your city to see if they have any rent control policies in place. If not and you want to be a fair landlord I would recommend adjusting to the "Consumer Price Index" (CPI).
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Gregorio Denny answered:
Anyone that actually answers your question with a number is not doing you any favors. You have not given nearly enough information to receive an accurate quote and anyone quoting you a rate without APR is violating the law. Yes, even if they say "around". ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 9, 2011
Oggi Kashi answered:
We need an address or a reference link to know what property your referring to in your question.

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to error and omission, and not warranted. CA DRE 01844627 ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 23, 2011
Robert Spinosa answered:

I think to better answer your question it would help us to know if you mean income tax consequences or real estate tax consequences. Either way, there are a number of professionals who can help you with the answers even if they're not on this board. I'd be happy to refer you to either a CPA or a title/escrow officer who can answer your questions free of charge --- I work with these folks all the time.

Just get in touch if I can assist. Thank you!

Rob Spinosa
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 3, 2011
Doug Zeller answered:
Thu Sep 16, 2010
Pp Bb answered:
You do need to talk with your bankruptcy attorney.
The way I understand it, is the house will need to excluded from the bankruptcy to be able to do the short sale.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 20, 2010
Tommy Lee answered:
In providing an answer to your question, I would say there is a lot of missing information. First, if you have stated in writing that you will not go any higher on price or you have signed a rejection of their counter offer or a host of other documents, then the seller has the right to cancel escrow. In some circumstances, and again, it depends on what communication you have given in writing to the listing agent, they can report the property as active if they put a disclaimer that the agent below mentioned. Most agents will leave a property as pending or back up until the escrow has officially closed.

But you should also know that here in California, our MLS system allows agent private remarks. These are specific instructions to other agents. Potential buyers cannot see this information. Even if they look at or or any of the other property search engines. So some agents will change it to active and then put this disclaimer in that says "subject to cancellation of previous escrow" or something similar.

If the listing agent changes the price to 120% of original appraised value, he better have something from the seller, otherwise he could get in trouble with the DRE. One thing that you might not know is that the listing agent may be the owner or he may be related to the owner. Your real estate agent can find this information pretty easily. If he can't or you are representing yourself, you may want to reconsider and find a good real estate professional.

In order to lodge a complaint agains a real estate agent, the California DRE has a specific way and place for it. Please see this link:

And, as always, if you are in escrow, you should be able to work through these questions with your agent.

Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 14, 2009
Ludwig Parsamian, Ph.D.,CRS answered:
Hello Mae,

Your question seems more sellers’ question, than buyers. However, important is the fresh appraised or BPO-Broker Price Opinion, (1 to 3 months mostly) value of the property. And max. you can go up to 85 to 90% of appraised value. Of course there are lots of other nuances involved and it will take several hours of typing to go over everything and at the end it will be a book. But don’t worry, the only thing you need, is an agent with good experience in short sale.
If you need something more specific, because each short sale is kind of unique, call or e-mail me directly.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2008
Bill Eckler answered:
We agree with Karen. If you really want the home stay where you are.....she is moving in the right direction. What can you do to sweeten the pot? quick closing date? cash deal? increase cash deposit?

I would recommend you not put all of your eggs in one basket...keep looking and when you locate another possibility indicate to the initial seller you are ready to move on and explore other options. Actually, you can make that disclaimer now....

Good luck,
The "Eckler Team"
Venice, Fl 34285
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Tujunga Zip Codes