what percentage of san franciscans have a less than 20 minute commute?

Asked by Jeff Mcham, New York Tue Oct 12, 2010

Answers

4
Lenore and Alex Wilkas’ answer
Lenore and A…, Agent, Vista, CA
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Where are you going to and where from? If you live in the City and commute to Silicon Valley forget 20 minutes. If you need to cross the bridge, either of them, it's longer as well. If you live in outer sunset and need to go downtown how are you electing to travel? Muni or car? Depending on where downtown it can take well over 30 minutes. If you live closer in, it's considerably shorter.

I guess that unless your question is more specific, it's impossible to give a good answer to it.
Kamal Randha…, Agent, El Sobrante, CA
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Living in the Bay Area all my life, I'd say give it a good 30 minutes from any city to get into the SF area
Jed Lane, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Tue Oct 12, 2010
I've lived in the City all my life and it takes 30 minutes to get most anywhere. We do not have an extensive undergroud system so traffic impacts the mass transit lines. When we are in the communte times you have everyone going in all directions.
The good part is that there are always alternative or parrallel routes if driving or riding a bike. The bad part is that there are some intersections that are hard to avoid.
If you live downtown and work downtown you can walk or ride in less than 20 minutes but if you live in most of the established residential neighborhoods it will take you longer than 20 minutes.
Oggi Kashi, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Good question! Has anyone done a survey on this?