Sam Witt, Renter in Littleton, CO

Young couple looking to move to LoDo, Denver this summer. I'll be working at Buckley AFB. Any idea how long I can expect that commute to be?

Asked by Sam Witt, Littleton, CO Sat May 11, 2013

I'm hoping that going out of the city in the morning and into the city in the evening, I won't hit much traffic. Does that sound right? Or any other suggestions on fun neighborhoods to live in in the area?

Answers

9
The traffic can be unpredictable but you could expect 20-30 minutes to be a typical commute between downtown and Buckley AFB. Stapleton & Lowry could offer "fun" alternatives and would cut down considerably on your commute time.

Michael Turner
Lead Properties
720 300 0889
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
Lowry, Stapleton, and city park are also viable options for you. They are in similar price ranges and short cabs to downtown. If just want to know how far I'd say roughly 10-20 minutes depending on traffic.
15 minutes drive in light traffic.
Thank you all for the great responses. It helps a ton.
I agree with other agents. LoDo is great, but good alternatives would be Lowry or Stapleton.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
Hi Sam,

LoDo is a unique area with loft/condo/apartment style living and great walkability to restaurants and entertainment. As others have said, you can expect a 30-35 minute commute if there are no weather, accidents or road work problems. If a no-maintenance lifestyle and a great walkable neighborhood are your top priorities, you might also check Congress Park, Capitol Hill, Stapleton and Lowry.

Rent prices are at a 7-year high in the Denver Metro area. If you desire something less expensive, look in southeast Denver - perhaps around Indian Creek or the University of Denver. You have access to light rail that will take you to LoDo, and the commute to Buckley will only be about 20-25 minutes. Jump on craigslist to check for rentals.

Jean Stevens
Broker/Owner, CRS, MCNE, E-PRO, GREEN
The Stevens Group
http://www.ColoradoLiving365.com
Hi Sam,

Welcome to Denver! :-) A lot depends on what sort of amenities and lifestyle you're looking for. Other areas would certainly be closer and very nice, but really not the LoDo experience. Also, are you planning to buy or rent?

Feel free to give us a call and we'd be happy to chat about different areas and how they might fit in to your expectations. Like everything, it's always a matter of trade-offs and priorities.

Best of luck, and welcome!
Tony & Karen
720-427-4836
You are probably looking around a half hour drive dpending on traffic. There can be traffic here anytime of day or direction so you always need to plan for it.
LODO is a fun place to live, if you are looking for that style if living that's probably the best place.
Colorado is an awesome place to live,
there are so many things to do year round, no matter what you choose I am sure you will live it!
Rachelle Paplow
Broker Associate, Realtor
Cherry Creek Properties
(720) 839-2659
aaahomescolorado.com
The distance from LoDo to Buckley is about 22 miles and, without traffic, should take about 30-35 minutes. If traffic is bad, could be considerably longer, particularly if the weather is bad (snow).
I might suggest that you check out Stapleton, Lowry, Uptown, City Park as possible alternatives that could cut down on your commute time.
Best of luck and welcome to Denver!
Chuck Strauss
Your Castle Real Estate
720-318-7598
denverhomeguru@gmail.com
http://www.denverhomeguru.com