Christina, Other/Just Looking in 75104

What's the effect of improved interstate systems on property value? We live in Cedar Hill and are wondering

Asked by Christina, 75104 Mon Jan 7, 2008

what the impact will be for the 161 expansion.

Answers

2
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Jan 31, 2008
Some buyers don't like a long commute to their place of employment. Easy highway access can play a role into their buying decisions. Hwy has not impact on your property value
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Jan 7, 2008
That's a great question. I would think in most cases it's neglible, unless it significantly reduces the communte time for a majority of the people who live there. Highways can create bedroom communities, but my guess is 161 won't significantly increase values in Cedar Hill, because there was good access already with the other highways. The places I think highways could help are for example at the North end of the Dallas North Tollway. They don't have any highway now, and adding it will significantly reduce commute times for many people. That's just my 2cts worth. It will be interesting to see what other people say. You might be able to get a study from the Texas Dept of Highways to see their stats. You might also get something from the economic development people in Cedar Hill. My thought is if people commute in Cedar Hill to jobs it's probably more likely East and West and less so to the North.