What is the commute like from Woodstock to Midtown?

Asked by Linda Groarke, New York Wed Feb 20, 2013

Answers

8
Anne Rajs’ answer
Anne Rajs, Agent, Kingston, NY
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Let's see, how many ways can this questiion be answered! Yes Linda, the drive from midtown to Woodstock is just about two hours. 105 minutes to the thruway exit in Kingston, as you take Route 28 North to Woodstock, stop at Bistro To Go for a bowl of wonderful homemade soup, gouormet sandwich or take out for dinner. Excellent rest stop, from there Woodstock will be a 15 minute drive and you will be sated and relaxed!
Eric Bean, Agent, Stone Ridge, NY
Mon Mar 4, 2013
The trip from NYC to Woodstock can be done in under 2 hours. But the best part is that it is an "easy drive". Meaning you take the NYS Thruway most of the way, then cut across rt 28. None of the crazy traffic issues that are found in the Hamptons.
Linda Groarke, Renter, New York
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Perfect! Thanks everyone. You've covered both public and private transport.
Thanks!
Marcia Weiss, Agent, Woodstock, NY
Fri Feb 22, 2013
It's an easy drive and takes only 2 hours and, once you've arrived you're in heaven. You also have access to the Trailways bus that is another easy way for you or your guests to commute. It takes a bit longer since it makes a few stops in neighboring towns on the way to NYC. Most of the people I've sold houses to still continue to commute and feel it's the worth every second of the drive.
Joan Capria, Agent, Woodstock, NY
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Hi
My husband does it all the time it is a 2 hour drive almost exactly. Of course it depends on the time of day. There is a bus that leaves Woodstock - stops in Kingston and New Paltz and that takes 21/2 hours, I take that one whenever I go to the city. Let me know if you have any other questions I would be happy to answer. JoanLCapria@aol.com
Sandy Reid, Agent, New Paltz, NY
Wed Feb 20, 2013
So, as a guide, it is approx. 1 1/2 hours from midtown to exit 18 which is New Paltz. Another 15-20 mins to Kingston and another 15-20 mins to Woodstock. It depends on when you leave how traffic is. When I lived in the city I would leave late at night from the country to avoid the traffic. Everyone finds out what works for them. I can tell you it was certainly worth the ride for me.
Susan Barnett, Agent, Catskill, NY
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Two and half hours, approx, most of it on Thruway. There's a regular bus that goes from the village to Port Authority several times a day.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Why not consider a test run, see firsthand it it suits your comfort level....