What are the best options to commute btw. Montville Jersey City. I am currently driving by car but would

Asked by Tom, Montville, NJ Mon Aug 10, 2009

like to switch to either bus, train or drive somewhere to take bus or train. My focus is on minimizing travel time and taking the train from Towaco to Hoboken Lightrail to JC takes double the time than driving. Thanks

Answers

2
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Fri Dec 24, 2010
Pam, you'd have to get on Rt 280 East (10- 15 min depending on where you are in Montville), and that would then take you into Jersey City or Harrison - at least a solid 30 min ride (OR MORE) during rush hour.

Are you considering any other towns?

E. Hanover, Livingston, W. Orange, Roseland........ are just a few that are closer to the Rt 280 corridor.

Please let me know if I can be of help!

Best wishes!
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties

Web Reference: http://www.debbierosesells.com
Pamela Hughes, Renter, Lyndhurst, NJ
Fri Dec 24, 2010
Tom,

How long does it take you to get to Harrison from Montville, while driving mornings in rush hour? We're thinking about buying in either Towaco or Montville and I would commute to Lyndhurst.

Pamela
Pam,
I know a few people that make this commute now. Depending on the time of morning you leave, the commute from Montville to Harrison can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. The earlier you leave (7 am or earlier), the better. Tom, if you then take the train from Harrison to Jersey City it's about another 20 minutes. The commute can be done in an hour from Montville to Jersey City if you leave by 7 a.m.
Diane Brady
Re/Max Neighborhood Properties
973-885-3797
Flag Sat Nov 16, 2013