Truthfully....how bad is the commute from Old Town to Midtown?

Asked by Jennifer Callipo, Brooklyn, OH Tue Dec 18, 2007

Answers

6
Anthony Licc…, , Staten Island, NY
Wed Dec 19, 2007
Actually it is not too bad from Old Town because of its proximity to the Varrizano Bridge and SIRT (Staten Island Train). X-bus would get you there in approximately 45min-1 hour. By Staten Island standards that’s good. That is solely because you avoid Hylan Blvd where it is most congested south of Old Town.
Arlene Trunzo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Sun Jun 29, 2008
Hi Jennifer,

Old Town is pretty close to the Verrazano Bridge and local transit. I don't think the commute is bad at all.
How you will fell about the commute also depends on what you have been accustomed to in regard to commuting in general.

A.T. REAL ESTATE SPECIALISTS LLC
Arlene Trunzo, CRS,GRI,SRES / Broker Owner
(BCREP) Board certified
718-317-0949 0R 917-359-1985
cmyrealtor@aol.com
Rocio Uchofen, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Sat Jun 14, 2008
Your best bet is the Xpress buses, Old Town is near Hylan Blvd so there is an advantage as many buses stop there. The same for Grasmere, South Beach and Fort Wadsworth.
Guest, Both Buyer And Seller, Staten Island, NY
Mon Mar 10, 2008
It's ~50 mins to Wall St/Battery Park by X15 ($5 each way/free transfer with metro card) from Richmond Rd & Old Town St. From there by far the fastest route is to take subway. You could opt out and get on X1/X10 but as they take local streets that may get you there a lot later, esp. during rush hour. If you plan to commute 6-7:45 or after 9:15 times are generally somewhat shorter to get to Battery Park...
Rail road is more reliable as there is no traffic but because of the ferry it may actually take longer and a lot less flexible in as far as schedule is concerned.
In case you're still looking I'm *considering* selling my house (located in the neighborhood though above Richmod Rd.). If you're interested feel free to drop me a line - blar40@yahoo.com. It is certainly within walking distance to buses, and rail road...
, ,
Mon Mar 10, 2008
I f your looking for a house in si that you can easily get to work from to the city , you might want to see my house , its literally 5 blocks away from the verrazano , and 6 blocks away from the exspress buses , it only takes 45 minutes for me to get from my house to midtown. Its in rosebank , and has 4 beds 2 baths , 550,000 , but the price is definitely negotiable. For more details email me at seg1994@att.net
Caesar Galin…, , Staten Island, NY
Fri Mar 7, 2008
Give me a call at (718) 698-2179 at Prosperity Real Estate Group, We are on Richmond ave as well, I can help you answer any questions you may have, this is not commitment to come with us. YOu can come and inquire about this even if you are already working with someone. We welcome this small questions, because they may help us do research for you and share it with others.

My Name is Caesar Galindo Office manager, and Law Student at CUNY Law School.