Doug & Bud Z…, Real Estate Pro in Placerville, CA

The Overreaction: Slightly Screwy Recliner Gets Recalled?

Asked by Doug & Bud Zeller, Placerville, CA Mon Jun 11, 2012

It’s all about playing it safe. Which is why you can find a warning label on a fish hook that reads “Harmful if swallowed.” It’s also why the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announces 350 product recalls per year. Some are good moves. I’m glad that exploding toasters have been taken off the market. Frankly, I’m happy most exploding items are off the shelves. But then there’s the recliner recalled because it had a screw protruding from the bottom. While there have been “no reports of injuries to humans,” according to the CPSC, there was “one report of a dog’s fur becoming entangled in the screw.”

“Woof!” That’s doggie for “Even I doubt this product needs a recall.”

But thanks to our lawsuit-crazy world, companies actually embrace recalls as cover: “You can’t sue us for the stupid screw, because we already warned you about the stupid screw when we recalled the stupid chair.”

Caution buyers when showing a furnished home? (Todays Humer?)

Answers

2
Thanks for your response.
ZTeam,
Great blog post. You should repost this on that side of this site rather than the question and answer section.