Quick commute to Pentagon

Asked by Chuck, 22314 Tue Jan 22, 2008

Any ideas of where I could find a place (2 bedrooms/low HOA fee) for under 350k, but still have a 15 minute commute to the Pentagon? (Time measured by single driver in a car, not carpools, or via metro).

Answers

5
Cindy Jones, Agent, Alexandira, VA
Wed Jan 23, 2008
Yes there are backroads but sometimes with the traffic lights they can take longer than hopping on 395 at King Street or Shirlington.
Web Reference:  http://cindyjoneshomes.com
Chuck, Home Buyer, 22314
Wed Jan 23, 2008
I feel dumb to ask the question, but since I live in north old town, I only know how long my specific commute is. I am amazed that by moving less than 2 miles south, it added 15 minutes to my commute time ( I stayed with a friend for a few days). I like to avoid the 395 corridor, that is quite painful, but I am not sure of how the commute is on the backstreets of Arlington...thanks for some ideas, though...
Cindy Jones, Agent, Alexandira, VA
Wed Jan 23, 2008
Absolutely. Feel free to be in touch and I can help you out. Fairlington area is one of the first choices and there are others.
James Downing, Agent, Dunedin, FL
Tue Jan 22, 2008
There are quite a few places in Arlington that may meet these requirements. If you wish to contact to me directly - I will be happy to email you a list of these places.
Jonathan Osm…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Jan 22, 2008
I lived and worked in DC for years and a short commute anywhere was near impossible. Alexandria, Pentagon City, Crystal City, Arlington, would be the areas I would look. Just be aware that your commute changes drastically by when you commute. If you're a 6am - 3pm guy like I was most days, you can look out as far as Annadale or McLean but starting at 3pm, the commute builds.

Another alternative is to find a place in DC and do a reverse commute. Sure, you'll lose your voting rights and be in DC but it could be worse. If you need a good agent but in that area, I still have friends in the business who can help.