Glw, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Planning to move to Marlboro but worry about commute. Does anyone know how's the commute to NYC downton?

Asked by Glw, New York, NY Sat Mar 8, 2008

Answers

5
Zack, , Westchester County, NY
Tue Apr 29, 2008
There is also a Marlboro in NJ although I have no idea where that it. I'm just pointing that out in case you didn't mean the one in Ulster County, NY.
Hillary Daw, , New Paltz, NY
Tue Apr 29, 2008
Marlboro is not too far from the Mid-Hudson bridge which practically ends at the Poughkeepsie train station, It's about a 75 minute train ride to Grand Central on the MTA from there.
Tom, , Highland, CA
Fri Apr 18, 2008
Figure two hours minimum by train. You can drive to Salisbury mills station or take the ferry from Newburgh to the Beacon station. There is parking at Salisbury mills station and the Newburgh ferry dock. There is no available parking at any station on the east side of the Hudson and there are multi year long waiting lists for parking permits. Check the Metro North website for actual train schedules. If you plan on driving you can spend two hours just trying to get over the Tappan Zee bridge. Your best bet is to come up and do the actual commute. Don't believe the people who claim you can do it in 90 minutes
Elvia Johnson…, Agent, Sugar Loaf, NY
Tue Apr 15, 2008
The best thing for you to do is take a test run during the time you are commuting. It really depends where you are going in NYC and what mode of transportation you are using to get there.
Danielle, , New York, NY
Sun Mar 9, 2008
Depending on your exact location in Marlboro you should expect about a 90 minute commute. I had several NYC clients I sold second homes to in the New Paltz area and they always made it there in about 90 minutes. Marlboro is a few minutes South so if you figure 90 minutes you should be safe.
Hi
I'm NOT agree with you, Because Marlboro, NY located more close to Manhatan,( 30-45 min drive from New Paltz). I live in Marlboro, NY close to RT 9W and I use all the time Beacon Train Station. It take only between 45 to 60 min to reach Central Station by train and then 30 min to reash Beacon Train Station by my car. Total time NOT more than 90 min.
Flag Thu Feb 6, 2014