Pete Flint, Home Buyer in Noe Valley, San Fran...

Is it difficult to find residential parking for rent in Noe Valley or Mission area in San Francisco?

Asked by Pete Flint, Noe Valley, San Francisco, CA Sun Feb 19, 2012

How would one go about finding it and how much does it typically cost?

Answers

4
gabrielle b dahms’ answer
Pete,

Parking for rent is more difficult to find in Noe Valley because it is a neighborhood with less commercial activity and therefore without many parking garages and lots. The Mission district has more of those.

In both neighborhoods you may be able to find signs that read 'garage for rent.' The simplest way is, of course to go on Craigslist and search the postings and/or post one with what you are looking for yourself.

Parking/garage costs vary. Get a sense of them on the parking websites that other agents have already mentioned as well as on Craigslist.
Hello:

Here's what I found:
$125 Day & Church Street (10 x 18) Call Carl (916) 718-1027
$250 Castro & 21st private, secure e-mail me @ helenyuen@lpirealtor.com
$175 Potrero Hill near Bart, Cal Tran, public transportation (510) 289-4878
$290 private, near J Church Muni Line & Delores Park e-mail me helenyuen@lpirealtor.com

Web site called ParkingSpotter.com
Parking Lot on 24th Street between Sanchez & Vicksburg (go in person to ask about rates & hours)

Helen Yuen, Realtor Associate, Land & Property Investments, Inc, Sunset Office, SF with free parking. Buy a home with a garage - call for an appointment with a loan specialist - (415) 469-0577
Hi Helen,
Thanks for the really great response - much appreciated!
Pete
Flag Sun Feb 19, 2012
Pete,

You are probably likely to find more in the mission, and costs vary. I used to live in the Mission and I needed temporary parking for a few months while doing construction work and found one on Craigslist within a couple of days.

There are also larger parking garages that lease space by the month. As far as cost goes, generally speaking private parking will be in the $200's per month and a garage will be over $300.

I also found this parking search engine - http://sanfrancisco.bestparking.com/index.php#1 - that seems to have a lot but I cannot vouch for its accuracy.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 19, 2012
Hi Lance,
Thanks for the useful response. Much appreciated.
Pete
Flag Sun Feb 19, 2012
Hi Pete-

The Mission is most likely to have more available leased parking spots than Noe because of it's sheer size and type of real estate. Most people search Craigslist to find parking spots. Values can range depensing on location, size, etc.

Thanks-

Rich

Rich Bennett, Realtor in SF since 2002
415.305.4911 cell

Zephyr Real Estate
DRE#01358540