If I relocate to Castle Rock and my job is in Golden how long would the commute be?

Asked by Laurie Manny, Long Beach, CA Tue May 15, 2007

Answers

5
Kristal Kraft, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Thu May 17, 2007
Laurie ~ Castle Rock to Golden depending upon the time of day would be at least 45 minutes to an hour. I-25 to E-470 is congested going both ways at rush hour. The other factor that might effect your commute is where in Castle Rock. The town is growing south and further away. Hope this helps! I've included a link to a page about Castle Rock.
Wed May 16, 2007
From Castle Rock to Golden your would take I-25N to 470 W. Total time is about 45 minutes.
Tammy Deitz, Agent, Lakewood, CO
Mon Jan 24, 2011
I can definitely answer this...as I live in Golden and have been recently commuting back and forth to Castle Rock for a listing I just closed.

Good weather, not rush hour = about 45 minutes
Good weather, rush hour = about 1 hour 20 minutes (getting through the congested area of C470 and breaking loose at about Santa Fe)
Bad weather, not rush hour = about 1 hour 20 minutes.
Bad weather, rush hour = up to 2 hours (C470 out west can get bogged down on snowy days with many accidents, as well as, once you hit I-25 going south -- not a fun drive at all)

Any reason why you would want to live in Castle Rock, if your job is in Golden. I know I may be a little bias as a native of Golden, born and raise and my children now being born and raise (oldest graduating from Golden High)....

Please contact me if you would like to talk more about the lovely neighborhoods of Golden, I can give you many reasons why I love calling it home.

Tammy Deitz
RE/MAX 100 - The Deitz Group
303-202-2281
Todd Sparks, Agent, 81201, CO
Sun Dec 9, 2007
If I were you, I would take a day off during the week on a snowy day and drive it yourself. That way you know before you make that move. :)
Brian Burke, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Sat Sep 29, 2007
about 40 to 50 minuites. It is not too bad. Isometimes take santa fe to 470 then over.
http://www.soldbuburke.com
Web Reference:  http://kennaandco.com