I recently moved to Pomona, NY and am looking for employment. I have a few interviews lined up for jobs in

Asked by Lost In Rockland, Rockland County, NY Sat Jun 27, 2009

downtown, nyc. How would I commute there?

Answers

4
Jo-Ellen Ash…, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Aug 30, 2009
Thought I'd check to see if you found a job since June? If not, please call me for info on a Successful Career in Real Estate! So much better than commuting every day!

Jo-Ellen
Ira, Home Buyer, Chestnut Ridge, NY
Wed Jul 1, 2009
I live in Chestnut Ridge and I take the Route 45 Red and Tan lines ( http://www.coachusa.com/redandtan/ ) bus to Porth Authority and then I take a train A/C/E to DT. The Rt 45 bus goes all the way to Mt. Ivy so maybe you can connect somewhere around there. You will need to call and find out. There's also a metro north train from the Spring Valley bus station that you can connect to PATH train later.
Michael Kuba…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Mon Jun 29, 2009
I recommend you call or go on to their website- RED AND TAN Bus Line and ask for a schedule from Pomona to Port Authority and vice versa. They pick up in Pomona close to RT 202 and RT45, and drop off at 42nd & 8th Ave!
Maureen McEn…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Sat Jun 27, 2009
Hi Lost,

Welcome to Rockland. Probably the best way to commute into downtown New York is via the train into Hoboken and either the PATH train or th e ferry over into Manhattan. The train runs through Pearl River, Nanuet and ends in Spring Valley, so you would have to drive to one of those towns to park your car. The New Jersey Port Jervis line stops in Suffern. The round trip takes 1.5 to 2 hours depending on traffic and the train schedules. There are also Express Busses that run from Rockland into the Port Authority Bus station. From there you can get any number of trains to take you downtown. I used to take an Express Bus from Montvale NJ but it goes as far north as Mount Ivy. Good luck
Maureen McEnroe
Joyce Realty