How would you commute with public transportation from Chester, NJ to Jersey City and how long would it take?

Asked by Mcgov0126, Chester, NJ Mon Jun 15, 2009

Answers

5
Macorrado, Home Buyer, Lancaster, PA
Thu Feb 13, 2014
I don't know about the bus, but I would take the train from peapack/Gladstone and then get off in Newark and take the PATH train. You don't need to take a bus from Newark. Train from Gladstone is very long, though. O
James Berman, , Morris County, NJ
Sun Jun 27, 2010
You may want check out the train in peapack gladstone.

James Berman
http://www.thenjrealtorguy.com
973.610.5674
Eswilliams74, Home Seller, Chester, NJ
Tue May 11, 2010
Actually, it is quite easy to take public transportation either from Dover via bus, or via train from Dover, Morris Plains, Morristown or Peapack/Bedminster. Chester is close to public transportation and the best way to get into Manhattan or Jersey City during rush hour is through public transportation.
Elizabeth (L…, , Succasunna, NJ
Tue Jun 16, 2009
Yes, I live in Randolph (the town over) and recently took a DRIVE into Jersey City during non-peak hours & it took well over an hour. A neighbor makes the drive everyday & it isn't very pleasant & it seems like mass transit isn't looking the best eitehr. Like the last poster said...not impossible but....
Eric Funk, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Mon Jun 15, 2009
It would be difficult. Not impossible - just take a long time (over 2 hours). Bus to Morristown, train to newark then bus to Jersey City... See link for google reference.