How is the commute from West New York to Midtown Manhattan. What are my public transportation options. I am

Asked by Parag, Jersey City, NJ Wed Mar 11, 2009

looking to my first house and the prices and West New York seem tempting. I am concerned about my travel time to work.

Answers

3
Elena Schwartz’s answer
Elena Schwar…, Agent, Clifton, NJ
Sat Sep 5, 2009
In addition to NJ Transit (Blvd. East, Bergenline Avenue, Kennedy Boulevard and River Road) buses, ferry, and light rail options, there are numerous smaller private "jitneys" that run on Blvd. East, Bergenline Ave., and Kennedy Blvd. to NYC with an end-point of 42nd St. and Eighth Avenue. As indicated in an answer by my colleague, 30-35 minutes (rush hour) is the approximate transit time, less off-peak. If you have any additional questions about West New York and nearby towns, please feel free to contact me!

Elena Schwartz, ABR(r)
Sales Representative
NJAR Circle of Excellence 2008

WEICHERT, REALTORS
(O): 201-392-3939 X128

(C): 201-600-1612
eyschwartz@weichert.com
30-35 minutes is a dream traveling from WNY to manhattan.
Flag Tue Apr 12, 2016
Marisol Schu…, Agent, Jersey city, NJ
Fri Jul 17, 2009
The commute is depending in what area of west new York you live ..The bus runs thru Blvd East. The light rail runs on 48st light rail station or Port Imperial..Contact me if you have any other questions.

American Homes realty
Marisol s
201-779-9210
Walter Burns, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Thu Mar 12, 2009
Parag,

There are several commuting options for residents of West New York to New York City. Most of the residents in the area take the bus from Blvd East through the Lincoln Tunnel to Port Authority. You can see the bus schedule on http://www.njtransit.com. From speaking with residents in the area, the average commuting time is about 30-35 minutes to Port Authority.

You can also take the Ferry from Port Imperial on River Road. Here is a link to the ferry schedule http://www.nywaterway.com.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to assist.

--
Walter J. Burns
Realtor-Associate
Weichert Realtors
1 Newark St.
Hoboken, NJ 07030
201-653-8488 Ext: 230
201-694-8946 Mobile
201-653-4154 Fax
wburns@weichert.com