How can I get from Sacramento to Livermore?

Asked by Linkwoman, Sacramento, CA Wed Apr 23, 2008

I've hardly ever used public transportation. How can I get from midtown Sacramento to Livermore on a Saturday evening?

Answers

6
Linkwoman, , Sacramento, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
by the way amtrak's official response to the refund question is you must cancel at least 1 hr before scheduled trip.
Linkwoman, , Sacramento, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Cool. I found some answers. Amtrack actually does go to Livermore on Sat the 10th but it doesn't show it on the web. I called and the operator said they do have trains & busses that travel sac to liv on May 10th. weird. Also.. the prices go UP over time. Today it's 16.00; by Saturday it'll be 29.00 AND they are totally refundable; even if you miss your train you can call the next day or days after and get your $ back.
thanks Erin.
Linkwoman, , Sacramento, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Thank you Erin.

Is Amtrak the only option? Just wondering. Also you know how when you get an airline ticket on expedia or orbitz, you can click "search surrounding airports w/ in x# miles"? I guess you can't do that here? I don't know CA very well. *** How can I easily find out the next nearest station? ***
This should be easier. I should be able to type in the address where the party is, and let the system tell me which station to go to!

Neither Livermore site has trains on Saturday May 10th. But Hayward does. It's $24.00; a bit more than I'd expect (Livermore destinations were only 16.00 but again, no Saturday option).
Linkwoman, , Sacramento, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
that's hilarious. really, c'mon. help a girl out here! i also need to get to berkeley. will post in a different thread. look at this link. so many options I don't know what to click! I don't want both of us to drive.
Erin Stumpf…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
You can take Amtrak - check out http://www.Amtrak.com. I just went on to their website, and they do have two Livermore Stations and also Sacramento stations.
Web Reference:  http://www.erinattardi.com
Bert Figone, , 95640
Wed Apr 23, 2008
COME ON THROUGH LAKE CAMANCHE. YOU WONT WANT TO GO BACK TO LIVERMORE