Commute time to Concord?

Asked by Julia K., Boston, MA Fri Sep 20, 2013

My husband and I are looking for the best town to split our commutes. He works in Concord and I'll be working in Kennebunkport, ME. What commute time should he expect from Andover to Concord? Leaving around 7am and returning around 6:30-7pm. Are there any towns that you'd suggest that might better split the commute and keep his commute around 45 minutes?
thanks!

Answers

5
Richard Coco, Agent, Andover, MA
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Hi Julia,
The commute from Andover to Kennebunkport would be around 1 hour, 15 minutes. I commute sometimes from Ogunquit to Andover, and it is one hour door-to-door. I take the last exit before the Wells tolls and go up Rt. 1. You would stay on Rt. 95 and go through the tolls, saving some commute time. Towns that would keep him within a 45 minute commute would be Andover, No. Andover, Methuen & Haverhill. I could help you with any questions about those cities & towns.

Rick Coco
978-482-3905
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Hi Julia,

you can probably expect a commute from Andover to Concord of about 40 minutes or so (a bit less from north Reading and Reading) depending on traffic. You may encounter a bit of lighter traffic if you are on the road by 7am. Your commute will be longer specially if keeping his at about 40-45 minutes.
Other points in between your two locations you may want to check could be Haverhill, Newburyport,Exeter, Amesbury, Salisbury. That is for the commuting part, you'll then have to add, whether you are buying a house or renting, the costs needed for the specific town you choose. Wen info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference:  http://wenrealty.com
Julia K., Home Buyer, Boston, MA
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Thanks everyone! I've definitely looked up towns on Google Maps and can see which towns offer the commute time I'm looking for w/out traffic but I'm hoping to hear from folks who have actual experience with this commute in traffic to gauge what the real commute time would be with traffic.
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
The search engine maps will help you get a rough estimate.

I would contact a local real estate professional (Like Rich Coco) to help with this answer and to save time and money.
(I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro if you want help doing so.)

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Fri Sep 20, 2013
I think that northern 495 belt would be best anywhere from Andover to Amesbury. Commuting to Kennebunk would be the opposite way with the heavier traffic coming south in the morning and north in the evening.