Can someone explain how/if I could take mass transportation (Metra?) from the Lake in the Hills area to downtown Chicago?

Asked by Kim, Vancouver, WA Wed Dec 23, 2009

I am considering the Lake in the Hills area. However, mass transportation is important to me. Are there any close stops? Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Answers

6
Laura Karamb…, Agent, Downers Grove, IL
Thu Dec 24, 2009
Hi Kim- I used to live in Crystal Lake and my husband would travel by train every day to get to downtown Chicago. There are 2 stations in Crystal Lake....one in the downtown area and the Pingree station. You would have to drive and park there but that would be the closest station to that area.

I hope this helps!
Ivette Rodri…, Agent, Barrington, IL
Wed Dec 30, 2009
Smart move! My parents are both retired from the Chicago Transit Authority so I applaud you for considering mass transit in your move decision. I grew up in Chicago & am no stranger to the buses & trains.

You're in luck - the Metra Union Pacific NW line has 2 stops in Crystal Lake. Check out the link for schedules inbound & outbound. As a Lake in the Hills resident I just took the train in from the Pingree Rd station & am happy to report that parking is being expanded. :)

If there's any more information I can provide, please feel free to contact me. I'm about to celebrate my 7th year here & I really do love it!

Ivette Rodriguez Anderson
I Know How To Move You
http://www.ivettemovesyou.com
Bob Brandt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Since the question is about 4 years old, perhaps they figured it out by now.
Sure, however some one else may read this and be looking for the answer.
Flag Sat May 10, 2014
Ray Richards…, Renter, West Dundee, IL
Fri Sep 20, 2013
The closest stations to LITH are Northwest line @ Pingree Rd, Downtown Crystal Lake & Cary. Depending on what part of LITH would determine which is best choice. They're all close, but not walking distance.
norma h, Agent, Des Plaines, IL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
yes the northwest metra in crystal lake (pingree rd station) goes downtown.
Oh2flyua, Home Buyer, Lake in the Hills, IL
Sat Oct 6, 2012
Crystal Lake Metra stattion is about 20 min from my Lake in the Hills home at Lakewood and Ackman Rds. There is plenty of parking $1.50 for non-residents (non Crystal Lake residents) and there is even a section for overnight parking which is great for me as I work nights. I take the Metra train 3 days a week. Train ride is 1.5 hrs to Ogilvie Station.