Jeanne Thomas, Home Buyer in Lake Worth, FL

Bus service in Athens?

Asked by Jeanne Thomas, Lake Worth, FL Sat May 12, 2012

Is there a good bus service in Athens? We may be moving without a car and will need to ride buses to grocery stores and doctors. Is this possible in Athens and outlying areas?

Answers

2
Jeanne, there is a solid bus system in Athens itself that runs through 10 p.m. each night. In fact, the Clarke County government just proposed to end service at 8 p.m., and then reversed direction and made some cuts in some other areas to keep it running until 10--although there will be a 10-cent increase in the fare from $1.50 to $1.60. That will be the first fare increase since 2009.

The site posted in the first response is a good place to check out the routes. In general, I'd say living closer in is probably going to be your best option, as routes to outlying areas are not as plentiful as the in-town system. If you'd like some help, my team and I would be happy to let you know more...just contact me and I'll be happy to share more with you.

Geoff Wilson
REALTOR/Associate Broker
The BBG Team
Coldwell Banker Upchurch Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
Follow the link below for information on Athens Public Transit.