Daniele, Real Estate Pro in

Any suggestions on parking in Potrero Hill?

Asked by Daniele, Mon Apr 23, 2007

I am looking at properties in the area, and parking seems really really hard. Any suggestions?

Answers

3
I live on the north slope of P.H., have been here for 50 + years, there is no parking thanks to Zynga, the Culinary Academy, Whole Foods and whatever else has invaded our neighborhood. Our once quiet, clean neighborhood has become a garbage dump for people cleaning out their cars, the, probably, toxic black dust that invades our homes from the constant traffic up and down the block from people looking for non-exsistent parking. How fun it is to watch them pull into a driveway thinking it is a parking space! My neighbors and I have had many cars ticketed and/or towed for overlapping our driveways preventing us access to our homes. We have experienced people banging on our doors late at night wanting to know where their cars are and even had a window broken by someone who was upset that his car was towed.

I love the "Hill", so many memories here, but it's time for me to leave.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 15, 2012
Are you thinking of buying a place with a deeded parking space or renting one?

Gregory Garver - Commercial Real Estate Broker
Broker License# 01716531
(415)225-9894
gregory.garver@gmail.com
http://www.gregorygarver.com
Potrero Hill is actually one of the easiest places to street park in San Francisco. I've been living here for 2 years and I think I've only had to park more than 2 blocks away from my place once...and that's the case for most of the Hill. Over by the restaurants on 18th and Connecticut, however, it can get more difficult around dinner time.
Isn't 2 blocks a bit far for parking for your own place?
Flag Wed Feb 15, 2012