Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in Tracy : Real Estate Advice

  • All465
  • Local Info34
  • Home Buying221
  • Home Selling10
  • Market Conditions19

Activity 23
Wed May 24, 2017
Lindaytyler74 answered:
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 31, 2015
Rocky G.H. Hawrysz answered:
Tax rates differ even within the same City or County. It is very important if you want to understand the projected property tax on a home, that you consider the following:

1) Obtain the current taxes from a good source like the County, Realtor or Title Company.

2) Cross-reference the street address and APN# to confirm you have the correct home.

3) Understand that taxes are based initially on the sales price. If the home last sold in 1960, the taxes will correspond to the sales price and will change once purchased.

4) When obtaining tax information, understand that you still have to calculate the taxes based on the new sales price of the home.

5) Understand that taxes can be different even if the home is across the street or next door.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 20, 2015
Donald Maloney answered:
Funny reading that the commission would be based on the gross sale not considering credits.
Actually the commission should be based on the NET sales price. It is unconscionable to collect a commission on the "credit" since the seller is not getting that money and therefore should not be obligated to pay a commission on monies not received. ... more
1 vote 15 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 23, 2013
Larry G. Williams answered:
Did you send a letter addresses to "owner" at that address?
Did you knock on door and ask for owner?
Did you go to public records office and search for owner's name?

Any particular reason for asking this question?
I will tell you that it's most likely occupied by a tenant.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Lance King answered:
This information is public and accessible through the assessor's office. It is easy for me to look up but I'm not comfortable handing over that information without knowing why you want it. If you want to contact me off line info is below:

Best Regards,

Lance R. King - Founder/Managing Broker
King Realty Group

DRE # 01384425
415.722.5549 - Cell
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Rocky G.H. Hawrysz answered:
A contractor doesn't typically ask for a sellers credit for repairs. The contractor is a third party and is expecting to be paid by the seller or the buyer. If the contractor will be sending their invoice to escrow the buyer and the seller will have to agree on the disposition of the charges prior to the close of escrow. Typically, whom ever ordered the work should ethically pay for the services unless already agreed. If you're the buyer you and your agent should request the credit. Your agent should be skilled enough to build a good case and develop a good request for credit.

If your in contract: Ask your Realtor to negotiate a credit
If you have already closed escrow: The contract to sell is complete. Credit will be very difficult obtain.

Committed to your success,


Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610
License No. 01468373
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 26, 2011
Joseph Gus Saar answered:
Thu Aug 25, 2011
I don't have the answer to that, but if you go by a pool supply store they can help you. If you want a good company to just clean and upkeep the pool I highly recommend Blue Lagoon Pool Service. They even service liner pools ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 25, 2011
Steve's Solar Screens is very prevalent in making and installing solar screens. They can darken a room, but they can also reduce the amount of heat by 30%. I resisted installing them forever, now that I have on the west bedroom windows, my kids are very grateful; ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 25, 2011
Laura Coffey answered:
Go to your local building and safety and see who pulled the first permits. They would/should have all sorts of info you will need.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 26, 2011
Kelli Salas answered:
Chad Wood @ Willbanks & Wood Attorneys at law, 1047 S. Tracy Blvd. , Tracy Ca. 95376 # 209-830-9191.
Let them know Kelli Salas referred you! :)
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 29, 2010
John Juarez answered:

Can you rent to someone who has a foreclosure in the last two years? Absolutely! Should you rent to this person? That is a different question and you need to your own due diligence as a landlord to answer it.
Will the file bankruptcy? We do not know this person. We do not know there financial capabilities, strengths or weakness. That is an impossible question for us to answer.

If they declare bankruptcy, do they have the right to stop paying rent? That sounds like a technical legal question that you should address to an attorney
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 10, 2010
Brian LeBars answered:
I know its an old question Michelle but just to let you know there is still 6% concessions allowed for reoccurring or non reoccurring closing costs depending on the verbiage in the contract. Keep the link to my site or Facebook page. I keep it up to date with all the banking changes and I write it for agents to keep everyone educated.

Have a great 2010!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 12, 2010
lmc answered:
I used Pools by Nelson and was very happy with the quality of their work,
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 24, 2010
Eric J Soderlund answered:
Hi David,

Call this number and ask for Rick. He the owner of Hacienda Pools, the premier pool designer and builder in Tracy and the Tri-Valley. Ask what he recomends. He uses the best equiptment. Tell him Eric Soderlund said to call. I expect to be invited to a pool party! Enjoy your new home.

Eric Soderlund
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun May 23, 2010
David asked:
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Rocky G.H. Hawrysz answered:
Hi Bjean,

The Tracy Press is probably the best place to look:

Many Condos are privately owned and rented. You'll likely find more information here. If you’re interested in purchasing a Condo make sure to contact a Realtor.

Best regards,

"Rocky" G.H. Hawrysz
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610 - Direct Office
License # 01468373
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Nov 22, 2008
Sharon Camilleri answered:
That's a great question! You can find some different homes that are for sale and view them individually by scheduling an appointment to view inside of them. There is a good possibility that I may even have a copy of the original floor plans on file. I will definitely check into this and send them your way when I locate them. Edgewood is a good community. Feedback on that area is always positive. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 11, 2008
Victoria Rivera answered:
Hello Joe,

If your looking for a lease or rental property let me recommend Realty World Millunnium Property Management Team speak with Kelli Salas at 209-814-2035 and she will assist you with your needs. These properties are prescreened and that way you are sure to get something that won't be in bad condition. Let Kelli know that I recommended you contact her. Best of Luck.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
General Area in Tracy Zip Codes