It is more expesive to live here than in Dallas, Ft. Worth or McKinney.
1) Grayson County property taxes are higher than anywhere else.
2) Disabled peoples taxes are higher than anywhere else.
3) the economic deveoplment company says, in publications that it has to pay for as propaganda "that this town is a top 10 place to retire." That said, not one person 'welcomes' you here. Not the Mayor, not the city commisioners, no one.
4) tell people you are from McKinney..you get a big eye roll, you'd think they would embrace retirees and the money they will bring!
5) utilites are MORE here...$66 for internet that is $50 in McKinney
6) $72 for Dish TV...and you do NOT get any Dallas stations, yet you pay the same $$
7) all of the news on the TWO stations is 75% geared to Oklahoma..heard a marine boat ad on tv for TULSA OK!??? Why not for Dallas.?! The locals own the TV stations, charge big city rates for 3rd tier-low quality reporting. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a word misrponounced, I'd be rich..
8) need your yard mowed b/c you are cippled? You pay $40 for the same $25 service in McKinney.
9) food prices, same as big city...gas, a hair cheaper, bit if you don't drive a lot, who cares?
10) Downtown...plain, dull and only 2 places to eat.. All the store fronts are lawyers. No atmosphere.
11) restaurants..meh...not many "ethnic" places at all..