where is the listing for foreclose homes?

Asked by Kevin, North Center, Chicago, IL Sat Jan 12, 2008

Answers

10
John Walin’s answer
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Thu Jun 6, 2013
Deborah is right!
the first stage for a bank is to record a notice of default with the county. Plus illinois has a long redemption period for the owner to become current with mortgage.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sat Jan 12, 2008
Go to "Find Homes" and specify your city/state or zip code for search. If there are any lisitngs for properties which have current legal actions filed, they will appear. Keep in mind that the properties which appear may not be for sale, and current status is unknown. The inclusion on the list only indicates that a legal action was filed. The action could have been resolved, or may be resolved without the property owner considering any thoughts of selling the property.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sat Jan 12, 2008
The data feed on Trulia for this information is supplied by Realty Trac. While you can subscribe to their data directly, I suggest you contact a Realtor in your area who specializes in that market segment. He/she will provide that information to you without cost.
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Mon Jun 3, 2013
trulia should pull old posts like this...
Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Wed May 1, 2013
Kevin,
Feel free to contact me for a list of active home listings that are foreclosures. This list will update daily. I also provide a free buyers market analysis for any property you may be considering. Looking forward to helping you.

Gary Geer
Results Realty
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Beware of trulia trying to get you to buy a realtytrac subscription. I wish trulia wouldn't mix the realtytrac with active listings, confuses public.
Lisa Schade, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Sun Nov 21, 2010
Hi Kevin-
When you say foreclosed homes, what exactly are you requesting information on?
It depends on what type of foreclosed homes you are looking for? It also depends on the amount of "risk" you are capable of assuming.
Yes, it is true that Realty Trac is the leading database for foreclosed listings, However, there are different types of foreclosed listings available. Do you know exactly what you are looking for or how much risk you are capable of assuming?
I can direct you in different directions depending on the amount of risk you are capable of or willing to assume.
To peak your interest here are a few types of Foreclosed homes and each come with their own set of rules and obligations.
REO=Real Estate Owned
Foreclosure=Bank processed homes, may or may not be through the process
Short Sales=Homes that are sold short of what is owed
Pre-foreclosures=homes that have just started potentially going down the foreclsoure journey
Fannie Mae=Homes foreclosed and owned by Fannie Mae
Freddie Mac=Homes freclosed and owned by Freddie Mac
HUD/VA
Being well versed in Auctions is also an option, but they have a 24 hour turnaround.

I am SFR (Short Sale Foreclosure and REO ) and CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert) certified.

I am also a listing agent for Bank Owned properties.

Please let me know how I can help you further, by contacting me at (224)-267-5472 or Lisa@MadewithSchade.com
Eric Egeland, Agent, Buffalo Grove, IL
Fri Feb 5, 2010
Kevin,

I recommend getting a Realtor & let them know what you are looking for. There are information sites such as RealtyTrac, but they can be confusing as they post public records of homes that are in preforeclosure (nothing more than being 30 days late on their mortgage). An agent can tell you what is on the market & an experienced REO agent will know of inventory that is coming on the market.
Dana and Tom…, Agent, Long Grove, IL
Tue Nov 25, 2008
You can subscribe to 'Realty Trac' for a fee. Or, you may want to work with an agent that has quite a bit of experience working with pre-foreclosure and REO (bank owned) homes. We do have access to all of these listings. Feel free to visit my website at: http://www.TomCarris.com

I would be more than happy to help!
Paul Mackey, , 60060
Sun Jan 13, 2008
Working with a broker who handles REO would be helpful. The know about a lot of REO before they even hit the MLS.