Question removed

Asked by xxo, Pa/NJ and WV Sun Dec 2, 2007

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
Christopher…, Agent, Hemet, CA
Mon Dec 3, 2007
As of now....it does not appear to be marketed to agents. I can not find any marketing material, promotional press releases or any other information online. I have not been able to find information or comments with regard to homebuzz on the National Association of Realtors news section either. It was started by a Realtor in Virginia that got into the business in 1994 and looks like a pleasing site yet, seems to only be an attempt at making a buck and there is certainly nothing wrong with that. There are simply too many sites out there that resemble this site and are also "patent pending" which leads me to believe that it may be a modified bit of prepackaged code. Either way, it is not the place that I would be going for a source of exposure until the site reached an acceptable amount of popularity. Since it was started by an agent in Virginia, and you are from Virginia, are they doing newspaper advertising in your area or something? How did you hear about this obscure little site? I have read that you are a future real estate professional....are you still making that plan? How are things in WV?
xxo, Both Buyer And Seller, Pa/NJ and WV
Sun Dec 2, 2007
Chris, thanks I'm not promoting it,I was asking I'm a home seller and was curious how it was being marketed to agents
Christopher…, Agent, Hemet, CA
Sun Dec 2, 2007
.info site? First indication that somethings just not right. Another "patent pending" web site seems to be a bit much but, the logo looks great and easily recognizable, colors and layout are good. I don't think there will be many agents, potential buyers or FSBO owners lining up to pay the price even if the technology used is pending a U.S. patent. The timing for a site like this is a bit off and monetizing it might prove to be very difficult in this market but, there is always room for another real estate site on the web. Hard to provide much constructive feedback as one would have to pay to play. There are much better places than Trulia Voices to get the word out. Self promothion here will, in all likelyhood, do more harm than good. Good luck on your new venture.