is there a popular website for people to post who are trying to sell their homes on their own? my home is in

Asked by Monica, Franklin, IN Wed Feb 27, 2008

Franklin, indiana

Answers

8
Ken Herrera…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Feb 27, 2008
Hello Monica,

I regularly see many FSBO"s posting on Craigslist.com, check out the site and see if it works in your case.
I do not know if Franklin Indiana has it's own site, so do some research on it.
Web Reference:  http://www.c21infinity.com
Lee Johansen, Agent, Bedford, NH
Wed Feb 27, 2008
Hi, First of all I think hiring a real estate agent is the best way to market a property. Agents are professionals that understand how to best market a property and can give you advice on how best to price and prepare your home for sale. I believe there are statistics available that show that homes marketed through real estate professionals sell quicker and for a higher price. An agent understands that all offers are made up of price and terms and agents understand how to properly write unique terms for a sale contract.

As for selling on your own, I think craigslist is a good site for selling real estate as well as anything else. The sites are local to states or communities. You can post an ad for free once you make an account. The one downsize is that ads are posted by date. The longer your ad is on craigslist, the further down the list it moves. You can, and should, repost your ad every 48 hours.

Best wishes, Lee
Linda, , Berwyn, PA
Wed Feb 27, 2008
I am familiar with http://www.owners.com and http://www.forsalebyowner.com. I am sure there are others.
Brad Osborne, Agent, Greenwood, IN
Sun Mar 30, 2008
Monica,

I am a Realtor that Specializes in the Johnson Co area. Please call me Reference your FSBO questions I will be happy to answer any questions you have. I will tell you that in these market conditions it is not a good idea to try it on your own, but I am willing to help you get started. I also might tell you what I could do for you as far as marketing your home. LOL I got to I am a Realtor.

Brad Osborne
Coldwell Banker South Central Realty
Office 317-883-3333
Cell 317*258-3651
Bob Smith, Home Buyer, Indiana
Sun Mar 9, 2008
you should try to post your add on the INdianapolis star
Erik Armstro…, , 47802
Tue Mar 4, 2008
The only issue with the FSBO websites is this...you are severely limiting your market exposure to buyers looking for FSBO. I would never buy a FSBO myself though I am sure some people might. For me it’s like going to court with out an attorney, or doing your own dental work. Can you save money sure, but the risk out weighs the reward.

Keep in mind that commissions are negotiable. Ask an agent to show you a Net to Seller Breakdown. If you feel the commission is too high ask how much the agent will actually receive and see if it’s fair. Ask them to defend their commission. I have no problem negotiating for mine. Be cautious of an agent that doesn’t even put up a fight for his brokerage’s commission. If he gives away his money that easy how do you think he’ll do with yours?

It takes three things to sell a product. A product, a price, and a shelf to put it on. Personally, I want the shelf with the most exposure to attract the most buyers. Since it’s the seller who sets the commission and not the buyer, buyers are more likely to get representation rather than take the chance of buying FSBO. If you are going to list FSBO you should at least offer something to the buying side to attract agents who have buyers. Just don’t expect them to then help you out with legwork, paperwork, or negotiation tactics, since you opted to represent yourself.
Mason, Both Buyer And Seller, Southern Oaks, Bakersfield, CA
Sat Mar 1, 2008
I found brokerage firm in So Ca that lets you list your FSBO for FREE on their site which links to all MLS searches. No kidding! They were also helpful when I called them for help in uploading it and didn't really try to "pitch" me on getting my listing! Check it out and good luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.catalisthomes.com
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Wed Feb 27, 2008
Monica.....

You may want to try FSBO.com and craigslist for posting your home for sale. Also, zillow.com will help. Good luck.