Where can I monitor the daily mortgage interest rates on the internet? I'm in the process of buying a home

Asked by Maureen Savalle, 92106 Thu Mar 6, 2008

in San Diego, CA.

Answers

4
Walstmnky, Home Buyer, 07093
Thu Mar 6, 2008
Bankrate.com aggregates rates from many sources and publishes national and state-level rates:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/mtg_home.asp

Mortgage professor's website publishes 14 lowest wholesale rates daily.

http://www.mtgprofessor.com/WholesaleData/TablesCharts/Whole…

I think your best bet is to work with a mortgage banker that is trustworthy, because you can go crazy trying to chase the lender with the lowest rate. A trustworthy mortgage will disclose all his/her fees up-front, and will have the ability to tap into the best wholesale rates for your credit profile / area.
Deborah Garv…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Rates/points are in CONSTANT movement and monitoring rates 24 hours a day will do little to ensure you get the very best rate. There are numerous factors that affect the cost of borrowing money, credit scores are just the tip of the iceberg. Add:

Type of property
Occupancy
Location of property
Type of loan program
Amount of down payment
Debt to income ratios
Impounds/Escrows
Purpose of loan: Purchase, Refinance, Rate and Term versus Cash Out
Amount of loan

Further, at the end of the day, the lowest possible rate doesn't mean a thing if the loan does not provide you the very best short and long term financial advantage. And, there are a lot of lenders who advertise very, very low rates...but they cannot perform to close a loan on time, or at all.

I have a current borrower who thought the lowest possible rate was his goal...until the online lender took three months to decline his file and he was at risk of losing $100,000 of equity when the contract expires and the owner threatened to cancel the transaction. I have salvaged the file in less than a week and docs are being ordered...guarantee you, the borrower does not care if I have the lowest rate in town.

All my best,

Deborah
WJ Bradley
"We Listen. We Care. We Deliver."
Benie, , San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 23, 2013
I can email you rates, this is probably better than checking online. The online rates aren't always accurate so I can provide you with accurate rates based on your credit score, and loan type.
fredeckert, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Mar 6, 2008
Maureen,
The Bankrate site is useful and you You can also go to http://focuspub.com/CF/PRIVATE/CF_frame.html You will find the following information..........
Home | Economic Update | Housing Report | Financial Calculators | Forms & Checklists | Glossary | Consumer Links
Home Financing | Interest Rates | Credit | Home Buying | Home Selling | Relocation | Taxes & Insurance | Living at Home
The site below also has financial calculators.