What's available to a developer who refuses to take legal action against those who refuse to pay assessments?

Asked by Eddie, Chicago, IL Tue Apr 29, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jim Roth, , Chicago, IL
Wed Apr 30, 2008
Eddie, does the developer still control the association? And if I understand your question the lien is what he is unwilling to do i.e "refuses to take legal action". The unit owners will not be able to transfer title without a paid in full assesment letter from the association or developer regardless.
0 votes
Eric Marcus, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Apr 29, 2008
He can place a lien on the property so that the owner cannot sell the property until all back assessments are paid.
Web Reference:  http://www.esmrealty.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more