What is the best tool for showing Real Estate listings to clients?

Asked by David Sunrise, Minneapolis, MN Fri Jul 5, 2013

As real estate agents, many times we have to offer/show some other houses to our clients when they don't like/are not interested in the house that we are showing to them.

So far, I only explain to them about other houses from reading through my list of houses for sale. And this verbal explanation is really not an effective way to present those other houses. I have been looking into other ways to do the presentation that will engage them.

I come to several options when it comes to presenting other listings to my clients:
1. Regular laptop with big screen such as 17" (it's super heavy about 7-8lbs!)
I will be holding this with my hands and let my clients browse the listings using the touchpad.
Is it always desirable/better for clients to see the listings' photos/videos through the large LCD?
Maybe good clients but bad for my hands.

2. Touchscreen laptop with small screen such as 11"-12" (it's lightweight about 3-4lbs)
I will still be holding this with hands while my clients browse t

Answers

5
Janet Nation, CBR’s answer
Janet Nation,…, Agent, Garden City, NY
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Hello David,
Your current method is so antique and off that you might want to get some training on how to work with buyers either from your office or on your own or move to another broker where you can be trained. There's no one style or right way but certainly what you are doing is not effective. Good luck.
Mitchell Hall, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Personally, I wouldn't do a presentation of another property while I was showing my listing or holding an open house. I would get their email address and follow up or ask them to meet me when my open house is over and take them to another property. But when showing one property my duty is always to that seller first.
Martina Ryan, Agent, Flushing, NY
Sat Jul 6, 2013
Have you tried using pictures from your phone while giving a description of the property. Just pick one or 2 & make an appointment with them to discuss the others when you have had time to decipher exactly what they are looking for.
Lisa Nance, Agent, Truckee, CA
Fri Jul 5, 2013
I like to show my clients a prepared CMA in PDF format that they can scroll through and view multiple comparable properties. They can be presented in different ways. I use my iPad most of the time. I do also like to set up a time to tour each of the properties they are drawn to. Nothing beats actually being in the home.
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Hi David. I will certainly agree with Mitchell as this is the approach to take. I'm not truly concerned when a customer wants the instant gratification of looking at photos of other property while I'm showing them property.

I do follow ups via e-mail. It is at that point where I will send photos/floorplans of properties that I consider of interest based on what the customer asked for and I make a plan to view them as soon as possible. I wish you all the best.