What is the best and fastest way to be # 1 position in Google search?

Asked by Mario De La Vega, Kernersville, NC Sat Mar 22, 2008

Answers

8
Mr.P, , Arizona
Sat Mar 22, 2008
Don't pay your way to the top. You will just keep paying.

It appears, and by no means do I know what I am talking about, yet. That a daily blog, with a few pictures, and relevant content. Will get you to where you want to be.

Just write about what ever you do or learned that day. Write about what is happening in your neighborhood.
Learn Hyper local blog
read this

http://www.realestateradiousa.com/blog/2008/03/07/real-estat…

Raj, Home Buyer, Chesterbrook, PA
Sun May 11, 2008
Sure, profit is the truest and strongest indicator of success but Google position (page rank) gives the best impression and we all know how important impression is.
Megan Manly, Agent, Nashville, TN
Sun May 11, 2008
Recent numbers and studies by several marketing firms are showing that being top in a google position isn't a strong indicator of success.
Raj, Home Buyer, Chesterbrook, PA
Sat Mar 22, 2008
Well, the fact that you have asked this question indicates, you want to grow faster. Blog, listings etc certainly help but the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) will put you on fast-track. If you believe in "I didn't make the rules, but I know how to play the game", the SEO is the way to go.

I have it done from a couple of offshore vendors for my 2 sites (not real estate; I am in project management. I manage multiple projects for GE). It was cost-effective. Let me know if you need any help.

Raj
Gerry Vazquez, Agent, NY,
Sat Mar 22, 2008
Mario,

Paying for Google position is a waste of money for these reasons: 1) you'll end up competing w/the deep-pocked national brands; 2) in order to maintain position you'll have to keep feeding the monster; and 3) research shows that readers tend to bypass sponsored ads anyway.

I looked at your website and it's very nice. Actually, it's nicer than most. The problem with it--and w/most other RE websites--is that you have to expressly search for it in order to find it. I suspect that folks in your area aren't spending a lot of time searching for Mario de La Vega or Boxwell Realty, right?

These days prospective buyers/sellers are keying in phrases/questions around real estate problems/concerns that they have. For example: Are there affordable homes near the base? Is it a good time to buy a home in Ft Bragg? What are the best neighborhoods for young families in Ft Bragg? What are homes selling for in Ft. Bragg? etc.

The best way to gain high Google ranking is by matching content (responses/resources/tools) to people's real questions/searches.

The best way to do so is via a fresh, aligned and attuned blog. If you decide to go the blog route, I can help.

GerryV
vazquezgerry@yahoo.com
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Sat Mar 22, 2008
Hi Mario. In my opinion, you'd have to spend a lot of money to someone to become # 1 on Google and you have to continue to pay to stay there as the search engine criteria change all the time. I think you'd be better off to spend that money on directly advertising your website. If someone knows your website address, they don't have to find you through a search engine. Spend the money on website content and get a domain name that's easy to remember. If you have areas of specialty, have separate websites for those specialties and they can link to each other. In my opinion, website content is more important than search engine optimazation. It does not do you any good to be # 1 on Google, if your site does not provide the information that someone is looking for. You can have a 1,000 visits a day, nobody will call you if your site is not good.

By the way, I am not saying that your site is not good. I have not seen it. I am just saying that first page placement does not trump content or direct advertising. I personally would also not waste my money on pay-per-click campaigns. It's expensive to and I don't think its cost effective for individuals. Good luck with your Internet marketing.
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat Mar 22, 2008
I agree with Marian the best way is to have professionals do it. It does take alot of time and effort on a laymans part to keep up with the changes and to keep your website in the lead. My web designer is actually a exec from Tokyo and just does it for me since he is a good friend and my son's godfather. So just like I tell clients interview a few and pick the best for your needs.
M, , Florida
Sat Mar 22, 2008
Mario,
Pay 1M dollars and buy every keyword....just kidding....kind of. Really, becoming #1 in goggle takes a tremendous amount of work. Unless you have a lot of experience and time, you are better off having a professional team help you. We most strongly recommend Randy Eagar from Webstarget. http://www.webstarget.com. I believe in Randy very much. Please tell him Terry referred you. He is the leader in Real Estate Search Engine Op.
The very best of luck.
The Schaffer Realty Group
Terry@marianschaffer.com
877-886-8388