What is an e-Pro agent?

Asked by Dean Valenzuela, Dallas, TX Tue Jun 30, 2009

Answers

4
Sherri Bond, Agent, Erie, CO
Sun Jul 19, 2009
As a consumer when you're on the Internet, you don't have time to waste on endless searches for useful real estate information. You want to get things done quickly and without hassle. So chances are you'd like a real estate agent who is on the cutting edge of technology to meet those consumer demands and needs. That is where the EPRO comes in. As more consumers begin their search for real estate related information on the Internet instead of calling a Realtor, it is critical that real estate professionals are well educated in the use of technology. The real estate industry has undergone a change over the past five years and today more that 80% of all buyers and sellers begin their search online. As an EPRO, I have the information they need and the customer service they demand. Its both hi-tech and hi-touch. The elite group of course graduates represents only one perence of all Realtors in the country. I have always been computer and technological savvy but this course was invaluable.
Dominick Dina, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Tue Jun 30, 2009
Dean,

ePRO designation from NAR reflects your ability, above those without the training, to better serve your customers.

While I had been working with computers sine the mid 80s, it did teach me some useful practices/procedures for my real estate career.

There are always those who will be distractors of taking advantage of additional training. Pay no attention to them. Try and learn something new every day.

Best wishes,

Dominick Dina, Broker/Owner
Christian Realty San Antonio
Kerry Thornh…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Jun 30, 2009
It basically means they can send email, cut and paste, that sort of thing. It's really being phased out as a designation because now, your really are expected to be able to know your way around a computer to do your job.

All the Best!!!

Kerry
Karen Wenzel,…, Agent, Brookfield, WI
Tue Jun 30, 2009
Dean,
an e-PRO is an agent that has completed the NAR e-PRO certification program. If you are curious about it I would suggest you check out the program.
https://www.internetcrusade.com/epro/secureorderepro.asp?h=65168
I decided to take the class last year, after nearly 30 yrs in the Real Estate Industry. I saw that the technology in our industry is moving at "light-speed" and I either needed to embrace it or fall behind. It is a wonderful way to make yourself feel comfortable in integrate technology into your business. You take this class on the internet- at your speed.

All the Best to you!
Web Reference:  http://GoPackerUp.com