Mott Marvin…, Real Estate Pro in Sunny Isles Beach, FL

What gives with CraigsList? All my posts were flagged for removal!

Asked by Mott Marvin Kornicki, Sunny Isles Beach, FL Mon Sep 22, 2008

Is there a way to avoid getting removed? The ads were NOT in violation of the guidelines. My guess is that local competing agents have a pronlem with our advertising. Is there a solution?

Answers

8
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Hi Mott:

I have found craigslist in CA being very fair. There are a couple of times when I mistposted it and they removed the posts, and I fully agree with the decision and reposted under other categories and they were fine.

Do you have the sample of what you posted and where? Maybe we can see why they are removed.

Sylvia Barry
Marin Realtor
Jen and Mark…, Agent, Holmes Beach, FL
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Hi Matt,
I looked at your ad. It was probably flagged because it is "too commercial" in nature. If it listed a particular home, then it can be put under listings. When it is generic like that you'll need to put it under the Services section, in the real estate services. I would recommend just putting listings (one at a time) under the listings section. That's what I do and I've never been flagged. Best wishes.
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Hi Mott:

My understanding is Craigslist allows you to post free ads for properties for sale or for lease, but they are not a free advertising place for 'real estate services' which is what you are trying to do - a link to your webpage where it's all ads for yourself.

Yes, I can see why they would flag and remove that knowing their rules.

Sylvia
Accurate App…, , Sacramento, CA
Mon Mar 1, 2010
I imagine your ad was difficult to read and looked inappropriate for the "real estate for sale" category. So, many people may have flagged it on that basis alone. Even if it wasn't actually against craigslist's guidelines. I would never report it, but I would have definitely questioned it if it was in the real estate for sale section.
Catherine "C…, Agent, Metuchen, NJ
Fri Feb 19, 2010
I still use Craigslist and Backpage but I think Craigslist best days are over...My internet traffic coming from Craigslist has drastically decreased in 2009 and spam coming from my CL ads has increased a lot...Wondering if it is still worth it to post on CL...
Alma Rivera, Agent, Bradenton, FL
Thu Feb 18, 2010
Make sure that you read and their guidelines carefully and post each property in the correct category and you should do OK.
It is not the presentation of your ad; it is the content that probably got you flagged by consumers because it did not belong in the category where you posted it.
I hope you get ti resolve. Let us know :)
Web Reference:  http://www.AlmaRivera.com
Jolie Lindho…, , 33460
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Hello!

Hmmm...sometimes Realtors post several ads in the Real Estate wanted section rather than Real Estate for sale, or lease and the prospective Buyers/Tenants will flag your post if it's incorrectly categorized.

If you posted in the correct section, then you should contact Craigslist and let them know. I wouldn't think other Realtors would flag you because we all need to make a living! If they do, that's very unethical...

Jolie Lindholm
Red Reef Realty Inc.
http://www.redreefrealty.com
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Sylvia~

Thanks for your response; I did request that CraigsList look into the flag issue. I don't ahve a direct link to the ads that were removed, but here is a sample of an identical ad similar to one that was removed.

AVENTURA PROPERTY SEARCH