What form would I need to add my name back onto our deed?

Asked by Claire Dennison, Home, WA Tue Jan 8, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


., , Clearwater Beach, FL
Wed Jan 9, 2008
I believe a quit claim deed is used to transfer all interests held in a property to another person. The person signing would be giving up all rights to the property. If you want to own a property with someone else that person needs to sign a deed to transfer partial interest to you. There are deifferent ways to own property with another person so a brief consult with a real estate or estate planning attorney will pay for itself in the long run. Ask local realtors who they use.

I used to be a probate paralegal and prepared estate, trust and personl tax returns. I've seen too many problems and big attorney fees from individuals doing their own transfers of property. I used to be asked what I thought about people doing their own work. My reply was: Some attorneys love it because it increases their fees! At death or on transfer or dealing with tax issues that came up because a transfer was not done in the correct way the only winners are the attorneys.
0 votes
Stan Mikhals…, , 33160
Tue Jan 8, 2008
Usually it is a quit claim deed. It could be done in any RE office and notary verified. The best way is make an appointment to County Property Appraisal office. They will guide you through the process.
Web Reference:  http://www.stanmikhalsky.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Tech Tips in Popular Pinellas Park Neighborhoods

Email me when…

Learn more