What are the 1st steps to take when selling a condo to buy a multi-family unit?

Asked by Carrolyn Silas, Forest Park, IL Mon May 19, 2008

Answers

1
Brooke 'The…, Agent, Camp Hill, PA
Thu May 22, 2008
Hi Carrolyn...Great question!
The very first step is to calculate the move and determine whether it is a good move or not...
Like what the values are in the sell/buy senario, what funds will you use and where will they come from; equity in your existing home or cash/savings you could use...
Stuff like that...you will need to get with someone to go through all of this and then you will have a good idea of the next step:
Put your home on the market and go house hunting!
This is the best way to sell/buy because you can take advantage of the market for BOTH transactions.
With regard to your condo you will wnat to contact the association and get the details on what is involved with a sale there...
You will also need to get with a Realtor who has experience in the area you are buying or looking to buy so you can get the best service and beat other buyers to the hot homes for sale...a good agent will make the difference of a mistake or horroe story and a smooth closing for both properties...
Carrolyn - there are MANY other steps in between but I hope I have given you a good starting point...feel free to contact me directly if you have more specific questions...
Web Reference:  http://www.PAhotListings.com