Carlos Cabal…, Other/Just Looking in 02302

What are the best websites to post a house for rent?

Asked by Carlos Caballero, 02302 Tue Mar 18, 2008

Answers

17
Sunergymarke…, Home Buyer, Dallas, TX
Wed Nov 4, 2015
I really like trulia, zillow, apartments.com and http://www.xpressrentals.net to rent my places.
Its really a pain to sort through all of the people from craigslist who are not qualified.
Its worth the time to get your rental up on the bigger and more reputable sites.
cami.adams, Home Owner, Newberry, FL
Fri Aug 16, 2013
what is best sites to post you house for rent? I chose zillo.com and find my roof.com and rentdigs.com and finally realrentals.com however, they are expecting a fee when the site clearly said free posting. Oh yes, I also used Craigs list which I did receive several spammers. I need advice by someone who has had great success (signed Cami from Florida
Graham Davis, Agent, Durham, NC
Wed Jan 2, 2013
Marcus Neces…, Agent, Bentonville, AR
Tue Jul 31, 2012
1. Consult a local Realtor, commissions are less than what you might imagine and the agent should be able to run credit checks/background checks/etc. Not to mention the agent has access to the local MLS and undoubtedly will give you the most exposure.

2. Craigslist is a great resource. Prepare to have your inbox filled with garbage and leads that won't call you back. Good exposure though.

3. Hotpads.com has been a large driver for rental leads for me.
Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Thu Jul 26, 2012
If you are an agent then Trulia is one of the best sites to post your listing.
Karl, Home Owner, Dallas, TX
Thu Jul 26, 2012
I've had good success with rentalads.com. My home gets sent to several other major websites when I list with them. have also tried craigslist with mixed success. I get alot of inquiries, but about half of them are spammers.
Kenneth Cox, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Apr 6, 2008
all of the sources mentioned below such as Craiglist are great resources to increase exposure and locate potential tenants. Also, you might consider real estate brokerages who specialize in residential leases. We have thousands of rental inquiries/month for rental homes, townhomes, condos, lofts and apartments in the DFW area and employ apartment locators and resdiential leasing specialists to help tenants locate properties for rent and to assist landlords in locating qualified tenants.
Erin Koskovi…, , Dallas, TX
Fri Mar 28, 2008
Rentclicks.com, it's not called that anymore but it will take you to the new site. Very good success!
David Hitchi…, , 75252
Tue Mar 18, 2008
Might try Rentvine.com, I have also had great luck with newspaper ads as well.
Kathy Murray, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Mar 18, 2008
You may also want to contact a local Realtor. MLS can be a great source for rentals, qualified renters and it costs 1 months rent to do it. Plus, you do not have to be home to let people in etc. If not, I vote Craigslist...maybe Backpage.com. Good luck Carlos
Web Reference:  http://www.HouseHuntDFW.com
Carlos Cabal…, , 02302
Tue Mar 18, 2008
Thanks to all .Your help and expertise is greatly appreciate it!
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Tue Mar 18, 2008
Besgt website is craigslist and rentals.com. Good luck.
Suzanne Walk…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Tue Mar 18, 2008
Few more suggestions:

Dallas Morning News
http://www.rentals.com
http://www.rentmarker.com

Susan Walker
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Mar 18, 2008
FEW SUGGESTIONS:
a) Are you trying to lease your house yourself? If so be extremely careful you can be sued by potential tenants that know all kinds of "tips and tricks of the trade" I have handled 5 worked with 5 clients over the past 6 weeks who leased their home got sued in less than 30 days from the tenants. HOWEVER I can't assit these landlords for they did not have a realtor reprsention.
b) Realtor listing your home you fall under their errors & ommission insurance policy for protection
c) Realtor can post on MLS most search engine for leasing properties, and we qualify the potential tenant.
d) There are 25 GREAT website we post listings to however you have to continually stay on top of the postings.

I DON'T mean to scare you just concerned when general public want to do a FSOB, purchase direct from a buyer, or lease a property we receive soooooo many crying stories off these situations.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Paul B. Perez, , Austin, TX
Tue Mar 18, 2008
Craigslist is great. Before you go to Craigslist, go to postlets.com. That site will make a flyer html code to paste into Craigslist and the best part is that it syndicates the listing to about ten other sites automatically!

Oh and many of these companies have staff responsible for relocation. They will utilize Craigslist, but you can try simply calling a company and asking to speak with relocation staff, send them a link to your posting. Offer them incentives or if all this sounds complicated, hire a REALTOR.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Carlos Cabal…, , 02302
Tue Mar 18, 2008
Thanks Deborah,!! what about companies relocating their executives , is there anyway to know who they are and how to offer the house for rent?
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Tue Mar 18, 2008
Craigslist.com and the websites of local newspapers.
Thanks Debbie!
Flag Tue Jul 3, 2012