We would like to remodeI the propety we just purchased in Grant Park using eco-friendly concepts

Asked by Karen Colbert, Sandy Springs, GA Mon May 12, 2008

We are using this property for student housing ,so we cannot afford to increase the costs. We need floor covering,countertops, paint on doors. We have some land so we were thinking of a garden the students could maintain. Can you recommend any inexpensive people to do the "heavy lifting" ? I can be reached at Karenthecoach@bellsouth.com. We usually buy homes for Lease/Purchase to our tenants and may do a "Kiddie Condo"
I am a mortgage coach.

Answers

6
Joan Shorter, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Mon May 12, 2008
If you want to put in a garden to be maintained, how about installing a grey water system that naturally filters through a pond system that would then "spring feed" the garden. If the person Lee referred you to doesn't have the know how, I have someone's info to give.
Ramiro Garcia, , Grants Park, Atlanta, GA
Mon May 12, 2008
Karen, what's a "Kiddie Condo" ? you questions are not very clear. Is the house a multi-family? duplex?
You realize that Grant Park is zoned Historic. So, work done to the property needs to be permitted and approved by the Urban Design Commission (UDC) of Atlanta. Most contractors know this and have additional 'work' involved with this..... so it might not be 'cheap. hope this helps.
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Don't call Donnie Henry anymore - he's moved to Austin, Texas to build in one of the healthiest real estate markets in the country.

Karen, you seem to know what you are doing. Most of us can give you lots of specific vendors to choose from.

The new Planet Green TV channel from Discovery has some fantastic "green" renovation shows, and a resourceful website. Check out the web reference...
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Karen, how's the eco-friendly renovation coming along? Have you started? or still working on purchasing the house?

Ramiro Garcia in Grant Park
Joan Shorter, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Thu May 15, 2008
I talked to Karen and gave her the contact info, but thought I would also share with the blog: Jason Price, Urban Renovations Unlimited. monkee110@hotmail.com - 404 424 1234
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Mon May 12, 2008
Call Donnie Henry at Maverick Builders - http://www.maverickbuild.com
Web Reference:  http://www.maverickbuild.com