If you live in an area of Marin that is considered County, you do not have city inspections. What changes?

Asked by Steve Ragghianti, San Rafael, CA Sat Dec 15, 2007

to a structure require a permit? Does a new low-flow toilet? What about replacing an old counter-top with a new granite one? Does replacement of like-kind require a county permit?

If there is a list of what modifications require a permit...How does one find it?

Thanks in advance,


Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jennifer Kre…, Home Seller, 95124
Sun Dec 16, 2007
The Marin County Community Development Agency is responsible for Planning, Building and Environmental Health. Building inspections are handled through their office as well as all permitting. Contact them directly.

1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more