I would like to know who takes the photos for the Realty Companies? I do photography for State farm agents and I have a service to offer.

Asked by John122261, Chicago, IL Fri Nov 29, 2013

Answers

15
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Nov 29, 2013
That's great ! I think you will be have a lot of bussiness if the price its right .
Companies charge about $300 for photos.
Mr. Sanchez, I thank you for your quick response. I have been on Trulia.com and Realtor.com, I can do what the other photographers do for about 1/3 of what they charge. If this is worth talking about let's meet for a coffee and talk about it. Call me 1-312-493-5625 mobile
Flag Fri Nov 29, 2013
Dirk Gould, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Nov 29, 2013
There is such a wide variety of photographers out there. You will need to set up a good display of your portfolio and find a way to distinguish yourself from the masses. A good price point and offering ancillary services like photo brochures are a couple of things that come to mind. Good luck
Noah Seidenb…, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Apr 16, 2015
John there are companies that do it. I do my own photography. I have a wide angle lens that gets the whole room very well.
Noah Seidenb…, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Apr 16, 2015
Terri Hunt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Mon Dec 2, 2013
My team uses our own photographer. A great property photographer is priceless.
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 2, 2013
Hi John,

This is a great service to offer. I use a company that charges from $90 to $500. What I get for the service is a video tour from the photos taken that I can link to my website and the MLS, a floor plan, and three sizes of ,jpeg of each photos.

Best of luck on your venture.
Jeff Nobleza, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 2, 2013
John,
Keep in mind that many of the larger companies already have contracted photographers and or photography companies to handle those brokerages pictures. My brokerage for example has done this so the individual brokers don't have to worry about photos.

I advise that you approach the smaller shops and see what you can work out with them. Find out who the "managing broker" is and see if you can make an arrangement to do the photos for that whole offices's listings.

I hope this helps.

Jeff Nobleza
Baird & Warner
Theresa (TJ)…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Nov 30, 2013
Most companies have their selected group of photographers. As for me personally, I would hire my own. Please feel free to send samples of your work to me:

tjhughes103@gmail.com
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Contact various Realty Companies and show them your work and your pricing.
Jacqueline S…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Most downtown condo agents use VHT Studios. I have included the link to their career opportunity page:

http://www.vht.com/about/careers.aspx
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Nov 29, 2013
There are a lot out there and they are worth every penny if you find the right one. You need to set up a website, portfolio of work, and references.
Noah Seidenb…, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Nov 29, 2013
I used to use a service but now I take my own photography. I have a Sony NEX 5 camera with a wide angle lens and I take many pictures and pick the best ones. I enjoy doing this and get good results.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Exceptional advise from Dirk and Brendon.
Set up a site to show a portolio of your work.
Of course that won't make the phone ring.
-
Consider buying a cheese danish and coffee at the local Panera Bread and have a meet up with a REALTOR. Understand the current process, dilverables and price. And of course that won't make the phone ring.
-
What can you do CHEAPER?
What can you do BETTER?
What can you do FASTER?
What additional VALUE do you bring?
Video? Voice Over? Talent shooting? Post producton service?
-
You've decided to "Throw in " Aieral views' using platfoms, extensions or drones.
Sign youself up for services on Craigslist.
Hire a ghost writer to create the critical mass.
Engage a social media plan using ghost writer content.
Provide a compelling reason to call you.
ANSWER YOUR PHONE.
-
Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
Move to the Front of the Line
(http://FirstLookHomes.us)
Brendan Ross, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Nov 29, 2013
I would also venture to say that most agents take their own photos, but there are certainly agents out there that hire out. If you have a website with a portfolio of work, that will be the best way to show the industry what you are capable of.
Bob Brandt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Most agents take there own, with varying degrees of quality.
A super wide angle lens, extra bounce lighting and at least a basic photography course, can really help when doing architectural and real estate photography.